cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Concurrent design with Creo and Windchill

fwang
1-Newbie

Concurrent design with Creo and Windchill

Hi, Scott,

I watched your concurrent design video. Love it. My team is used to Github for sharing Java code. This will be a very good analogy for the CAD model development.

I am wondering if the same holds true for subassembly. If one team member is working on chassis subassembly and another team member is working on electrical systems (such as controllers, PDM and etc). The second team members will place the electrical systems on to the chassis. If the first team member updated the chassis, I assume the second team member can get the updated chassis subassembly in the same way. And if the original parts in the chassis where the controllers were placed on is gone, Creo will report error so the second team member can place the controller onto a new place on the chassis. Is this correct expectation? We are trying to divide the work among several team members. Thanks.

Fang

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:fwang)

Yes, you are correct. Your analogy to Git is a good one. The interface is a bit different, but if team members are keeping models in their workspaces for an extended period of time, they should be using the Workspace Refresh and Update actions frequently. The other option is to check in all work at the end of the day/meeting and clear the workspace. Models can always be pulled directly from the Commonspace (server) and the latest configuration will be downloaded by default. I mention this because some people tend to keep the entire robot in their workspace all season and there is no need for that.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:fwang)

Yes, you are correct. Your analogy to Git is a good one. The interface is a bit different, but if team members are keeping models in their workspaces for an extended period of time, they should be using the Workspace Refresh and Update actions frequently. The other option is to check in all work at the end of the day/meeting and clear the workspace. Models can always be pulled directly from the Commonspace (server) and the latest configuration will be downloaded by default. I mention this because some people tend to keep the entire robot in their workspace all season and there is no need for that.

Top Tags