cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Correcting Assembly References for Patterns after Replacement

ejenner
1-Newbie

Correcting Assembly References for Patterns after Replacement

I had to replace an object in an assembly that was a reference for the basis object of several patterns (a rod through a hole, which is then axis patterned to generate the other rods). The definition of the root objects of the patterns each need to be updated, but Creo will not allow me to "Edit Definition", "Edit References", or do anything else to any pattern member. It will only allow access to the pattern itself, which dosen't need updating and is not wrong. I am thus unable to regenerate the assembly. I cannot delete and remake the pattern, as this will break an inordinate amount of other references. How do I get into the base pattern members to fix the referencing problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wow, that's pretty ambisious for a Schools Program project.

You are right, I can't see much from the image. I did notice that almost all your parts seem to be unconstrained. Is that because they were all assembled using Mechanism constraints or because you didn't constrain your first component?

For our group to check this out, I'd need you to either reproduce the situation with simpler models or you could do a backup (File> Save As> Save a Backup). Then send the models to -.

I noticed that the models are in a Group. This could be causing your problem, give that a shot first.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Any chance you could post an image of the assembly. I tried reproducing this based on your description but couldn't duplicate it.

Thanks,

Adam

I have no idea if this shows you anything, but here it is. As you can see, the patterns are not broken, but the members are (that block with both sets of rods going into it is the replacement). Creo will not allow me to "edit definition" the pattern members, so I cannot repair the reference issue. I cannot delete the rods and redo, because that will delete about 80 items further down the assembly. I need to fix the references on the two rod sets in place.

Untitled.png

Wow, that's pretty ambisious for a Schools Program project.

You are right, I can't see much from the image. I did notice that almost all your parts seem to be unconstrained. Is that because they were all assembled using Mechanism constraints or because you didn't constrain your first component?

For our group to check this out, I'd need you to either reproduce the situation with simpler models or you could do a backup (File> Save As> Save a Backup). Then send the models to -.

I noticed that the models are in a Group. This could be causing your problem, give that a shot first.

It was being in the group that did it. As soon as I ungrouped them I could access the feature. Please forward to the bug team (I have been unable to find any place to report bugs or request features).

Top Tags