cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Cosmetic threads bugged in drawings

Ramax
9-Granite

Cosmetic threads bugged in drawings

Hello guys,

I have noticed on several occasions now that depictions of cosmetic threads in drawings are sometimes buggy, especially in isometric views (see attachment for an example). Is this a known issue? And is there anything to do about it?

Greetings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Ramax)

Hi,

as far as I know component interference always leads to display problems in isometric views. This is Creo feature, not bug. Try to modify model dimensions to avoid collision and you will see ...

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

I guess that problem in isometric views is caused by interference between models.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

so you think the problem is that the core diameter of the threaded hole in the plate is smaller than the outer diameter of the bolt? (I can't do much about that though since that's the way it's supposed to be) But that still doesn't explain why the cosmetic thread on the front part of the upper bolt is not visible in the isometric view. Have you ever encountered a similar problem? Is that a legitimate bug or is there some magic trick to deal with this?

Greets

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

as far as I know component interference always leads to display problems in isometric views. This is Creo feature, not bug. Try to modify model dimensions to avoid collision and you will see ...

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

indeed choosing a different core diameter solves the problem. In the example, I used a regular M16 thread (from Creo`s own table) on both parts. When selecting an M20 (or even an M16x1,5) for the plate holes, the bug is gone. So it really seems to be caused by interference. Thanks a lot. Now I know what the problem is.

(I have some problems with calling that a feature though Smiley Wink. After all, it is quite the normal state of the art that the core diameter of the nut is smaller than the outer diameter of the bolt. And you typically would like to model your parts the way they really are and not with incorrect diameters just to get the drawing views right.)

Greetings

Vince

Hi,

you can also experiment with drawing option thread_standard.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags