cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo 2.0 Issue with Assemblies

ptc-6418211
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 Issue with Assemblies

Hi, I'm new here. Maybe this issue has a common, easy answer.

Creo will not open any assemblies, or create any new ones. It doesn't explain why, either. You can click on assembly files to open them, or create new ones, name them, and click 'create' or whatever, and then nothing happens.

The issue is with Creo Direct 2.0 Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks!

Jack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here's why it is. Student Licenses in Direct can't use assemblies. Oops.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

I am not having this kinda problem, but seems like activate issue. Can u click on view> activate> then try? or it is happening from scratch?

Hi,

It's basically happening from scratch. Just now, I tried clicking 'activate,' and then opening an assembly, and then clicking it again right after I 'opened' it. Nada. Is this characteristic of an install issue? Do people usually get those?

so after activating it, its working for once?

No, clicking 'activate' does nothing, before of after. The window remains largely blank.

Jack,

When creating assembly, is there any message in message area?

Where is the message area? So far as I can tell nothing on the screen changes when I load an assembly.

Message area in on bottom side of Creo interface.

- Create a new assembly and check the information in message area. Message.jpg

Thanks! Unfortunately there is no message there.

Mahesh, this discussion is Creo Direct... not paramteric.

Wait, but the UI looks the same. Maybe I read that wrong somewhere. What's the difference between the two?

Of course you can tell I am exceedingly new here.

creo_parametric.PNG

Thanks Tom,

I was thinking about Creo Direct only , your comment will help Jack to look in correct application and possibly it might be Parametric not Direct.

Interesting, might be due to license.

Check the licenses in session using File > Help > System Information.

1. License Name: ??????

2. Take a snapshot of license feature names available under Configured Option Modules and add to post.

Hey all,

First off, thanks for the continued help.

Academic Support told me to update my graphics card and restart the computer, which I'm doing. I hope the restart bit is integral; after just updating I noticed no difference.

I'll check the license once I get it back up and running.

Sorry this took so long. I'm in school. Also: I update my driver and restarted, and nothing happened. Since it can load parts, I don't think it's an issue with my graphics card. Is it an install error? This is so bizarre.

Here it is:PTCHELPPIC.png

Jack,

Are you working with Crep Parametric 2.0 or Creo Direct 2.0?

What is the name of License in same file from you got license details.

License name:---------

A step ahead:

Create a new assembly File > New > Assembly > Enter name > Ok, capture the screen of Creo and add to post.

Looks like direct.

Hi,

I'm at a soccer game right now. I'll do it soon. Thanks!

License Name: CREODMA_Student2.

Before:PTCHELPPIC2.png

After:PTCHELPPIC3.png

Basically the window disappears and then nothing else pops open.

Here's why it is. Student Licenses in Direct can't use assemblies. Oops.

Seriously?

Yup.

You said this is for a FIRST program right? You have a mentor in that case. Maybe they can tell you how you are suppose to manage assemblies with this Creo Direct.

I got it now. My mentor doesn't know how to use it.

Jack,

This problem is due to Student license in Creo Direct. Initially I was not aware about this issue as I don't support Student edition. However today I got information that PTC R&D is aware about this.

As this post is about Academics support, directing the post to Academics.

Top Tags