cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo 2.0 Student Edition doesn't allow License Code Input

dmaxam
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 Student Edition doesn't allow License Code Input

Hello, I'm trying to install Creo 2.0 Student Edition. The installation guide tells me to enter my product code (which I have) into the "Simply License Entry" field and to click "Install Licensing". Unfortunately, the text box is not an active field, and doesn't allow for any text entry. The "Install Licensing" button is similarly greyed out.

I disabled my firewall and antivirus, and am running the program as an administrator in Windows 7. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Something on your computer is blocking access. If you can't find/disable the cause, you can use the Offline Installation Guide to generate your license file.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Something on your computer is blocking access. If you can't find/disable the cause, you can use the Offline Installation Guide to generate your license file.

The offline method was working up until the point where I was supposed to obtain a license file from the PTC website. It said it would send within 2 hours, which has long since passed. I've since sent another request with no response as of yet.

The page says "If you do not receive your license file, or if you have other problems with your Creo 2.0 Student Edition installation visit www.ptc.com/products/proe/studentedFAQ1.htm", which doesn't really have any information on what to do if I don't receive my license file.

Dean,

If you still did not receive the license file, please submit a support request at Academic Support Request.

Also, thanks for pointing out the FAQ problem, I'll try to get that link pointed to our new PTC Academic Support forum.

Regards,

Adam

I recieved the file (twice, actually, because I requested it twice). It worked fine, and I can now run Creo. Thanks for the help. Very prompt and accurate.

Your link unfortunatley doesn't work anymore ...

Top Tags