cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo 2.0 Student Version License Failure

ptc-3257178
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 Student Version License Failure

Hello!

I am using the Creo 2.0 Student Version and have had to request a new license a few weeks ago. I did so on the website and with the new product code I was able to create a new license file. However, when starting up Creo 2.0, I am still getting an error concerning license failure.

Unbenannt.JPG

Thank you very much for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This could happen for a variety of reasons. Your Creo license is tied to the Host ID of the first priority network card on your computer. Often, computers have more than one network card (wireless and LAN) and if one of the cards is enabled or disabled after licensing, the first priority network card and thus Host ID will change. If this happens, Creo will open with a message that says “License request failed for feature” and if you expand the Warning Message List dialog box, you will see “Invalid host”.

You may have turned off the wireless card that was enabled during installation. This document will explain it:

You can also send us your license file, it is located at C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing:

In case you didn’t have them the first time, here are the installation instructions for the Student edition:

Academic Technical Support:

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Welcome to PTC Community Jakob!

I've moved this discussion into our forums where our dedicated team of support engineers will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi Jakob,

This could happen for a variety of different reasons. Could you expand the error window and show us a screenshot of the full text? This will help us diagnose your problem.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry, but this is the full text of the error window ..

Jakob,

If you'll send an email to -, I'll be able to jump on your computer and take a look at the problem.

Regards,

Chris

I am having the same problem. I verified the existence of the license file (I do not know if the data within the file is correct).

The error message gives the full path of the license file and then at the end says:

....license.dat: (-9) Invalid Host

Below the above this data appears:

CREODMA_Student2 Uncounted 33.0 04-jan-2015 Student2 Locked to: 08-3E-8E-2E-BA-F8

System:

Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

HP ENVY m6 Entertainment PC (laptop)

8GB RAM

i5 3210M 2.5GHz

Intel HD Graphics 4000

This could happen for a variety of reasons. Your Creo license is tied to the Host ID of the first priority network card on your computer. Often, computers have more than one network card (wireless and LAN) and if one of the cards is enabled or disabled after licensing, the first priority network card and thus Host ID will change. If this happens, Creo will open with a message that says “License request failed for feature” and if you expand the Warning Message List dialog box, you will see “Invalid host”.

You may have turned off the wireless card that was enabled during installation. This document will explain it:

You can also send us your license file, it is located at C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing:

In case you didn’t have them the first time, here are the installation instructions for the Student edition:

Academic Technical Support:

how can i get new student verison license file where should i buy and can i buy online new licese

MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-5021676)

Hi!

You can find all that information here: http://communities.ptc.com/thread/44582?tstart=0

creo.png

Hello,

I just install the Creo 2.0 Student but getting this error and can't start the program.

I only have 1 NIC in my system.

Please help.

Thank you

MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-6668008)

Hi Toan,

Interesting, this issue is likely caused because either Creo is unable to communicate with your license file or there is some kind of problem with the file itself.

Can you please submit a support request about this issue? I've included a link below.

http://www.ptc.com/communities/academic-program/technical-support

Top Tags