cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo 2.0 suddenly unuseable and slow - can't even draw a 2D sketch

spears
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 suddenly unuseable and slow - can't even draw a 2D sketch

can't even draw a 2D sketch without the program being very very laggy and so slow i can't even use it.

I have tried running all the windows updates i can, and i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but no luck

has anyone found this problem or is it a hardware problem?

my computer is getting a bit old so maybe its a hardware thing?

creo has been running well on here for years so im not sure why it would suddenly be so slow to work.

thanks for any help you can give me

im also very close to a deadline so speedy help would be appreciated!!!

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
spears
1-Newbie
(To:spears)

so the problem was my graphics diver had automatically updated wrongly or badly. Why or how i don't know. The tech support at my university and i just uninstalled the graphics driver in preferences and downloaded the most up to date driver from the nvidia website and it was solved straight away.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Oops....I have the same problem and even I installed the new Creo Elements version, the whole apps stucks. Maybe the problem is caused by Windows 10.

so the problem was my graphics diver had automatically updated wrongly or badly. Why or how i don't know. The tech support at my university and i just uninstalled the graphics driver in preferences and downloaded the most up to date driver from the nvidia website and it was solved straight away. maybe this will help

Hi,

it looks like graphic issue. Add following option at the end of config.pro file and test Creo behavior.

graphics  win32_gdi

MH

Martin Hanák
spears
1-Newbie
(To:spears)

so the problem was my graphics diver had automatically updated wrongly or badly. Why or how i don't know. The tech support at my university and i just uninstalled the graphics driver in preferences and downloaded the most up to date driver from the nvidia website and it was solved straight away.

Top Tags