cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo 2.0 will not open.

sblodgett
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 will not open.

I just installed the Academic package on windows 10 computers and the programs won't start up when I open them. The computer does not give me in error messages, they just will not start.

5 REPLIES 5

having the same problem with windows 7...anyone can help?

Having the same problem, Windows 10, latest Creo 3.0 install. A Creo background process is started for 1-2 seconds and then terminated, but nothing happens besides the blue "loading" circle next to the mouse pointer.

If anyone is investigating this, I have new behavior to report:

The next day Creo started like nothing ever happened, I fixed a license issue and could work in it, but now 5hours later the same status again as described above... anyone got an idea?

Anybody have any luck with this?

I start Creo Parametric and the server configuration window comes up, I select my usual config, then nothing happens.

Hi Steve,

This is usually caused by one of two things:

1. A graphics issues. To solve this, try updating your graphics card drivers on your computer. I would recommend updating from the manufacturer's website to make sure you're getting the most recent version.
  2. An incomplete install. You can tell if it's incomplete by navigating to the C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo2.0\Parametric\bin folder and making sure there is a file there named "parametric.exe". If it's not there, try completely uninstalling and reinstalling while making sure all antivirus and firewall is turned off.

Let me know if those solutions help.

Chris

Top Tags