cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo 2 does not open or run

ptc-4068784
1-Newbie

Creo 2 does not open or run

Hello,

I have just installed Creo 2 and I cannot get it running at all. Specifically, clicking shortcut icons or windows start menu icons does nothing, the only confirmation that I get from my computer that i clicked those icons is that I get a little loading circle by my pointer for about a second and thats it. Nothing opens, no apps launch, no processes or services lunch, nothing. I have triend reinstalling and I have tried updating my graphics driver and neither has helped.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I suspect that your installation is not complete. This can happen when using the web installer or when anti-virus and firewall protection is not disabled during the installation.

For the M070 build of Creo 2.0, the size of the folders at C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0 should be close to the following:

• Common Files ~ 2.75 GB (16,017 Files, 665 Folders)
  • Parametric ~ 121 MB (211 Files, 47 Folders)

If your folders are smaller, I would suggest you uninstall and then reinstall using the full DVD download.

Regards,

Adam

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Ido,

For Academic support, please see the PTC Academic Support forum. If you are unable to find a solution to your issue there, please submit an Academic Support Request.

Regards,

Chris

I have same question with him

Moved this thread to as Christopher suggested.

I suspect that your installation is not complete. This can happen when using the web installer or when anti-virus and firewall protection is not disabled during the installation.

For the M070 build of Creo 2.0, the size of the folders at C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0 should be close to the following:

• Common Files ~ 2.75 GB (16,017 Files, 665 Folders)
  • Parametric ~ 121 MB (211 Files, 47 Folders)

If your folders are smaller, I would suggest you uninstall and then reinstall using the full DVD download.

Regards,

Adam

Top Tags