cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo 3.0 Crashing

rpackham
1-Newbie

Creo 3.0 Crashing

Whenever I go to render a part (change the color), and I click on appearance gallery, no colors appear. I then click on "more appearances", and the whole program freezes, gives me an error. and then closes out (see picture).

Any ideas what is wrong?

I attached the traceback log, since I cannot email support.

Thanks for any help.

Ryan

creocapture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rpackham
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Scott,

You just earned your way onto Santa's good list!

It was the graphics drivers. Now everything looks beautiful!

Thank for all your help.

Ryan

creoyea.gif

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:rpackham)

Ryan, can you share the specifics of the hardware and the version of Creo 3.0 you're working with?

rpackham
1-Newbie

version1.JPG

version2.JPG

Intel i3 1.8 GHz

4GB Ram

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Ryan, is the Appearance Gallery always empty? I have Creo 3.0 M010 also, but I am not getting the same error. Do you have the schools configuration installed? That does provide a custom color map. Also, does this happen for all models and all sessions of Creo or is it unique to a specific model?

rpackham
1-Newbie

Scott,

It's happening with every model, and all sessions. Yes, the Appearance gallery is always empty.

How do I know if the schools configuration is installed? I installed the file that was sent when I registered.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Do you have a tab named Schools? The schools installation document includes information on configuring Creo using the Schools standards. This process includes custom colors and textures.

If you are not getting any colors in the list, I would assume there is some issue with accessing the folder that contains the files or the config.pro options that control where the color map is located; pro_colormap_path and/or pro_texture_library.

rpackham
1-Newbie

I do not have a "schools" tab, so I would imagine this is my problem. Should I uninstall, & reinstall? I did not see a schools option when I installed.

Thanks for all your assistance.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

The Schools configuration is described in the download and installation PDF, but it is not part of the application installer yet. Sounds like you don't have the schools configuration, so that leaves the Creo installation itself to question. If you have the installation files, I would try a reinstall over the existing one (sort of a repair option). If that does not do it, lets try and uninstall and reinstall.

I could not find anything in the TS knowledge base about the Appearance Gallery loading empty every time.

rpackham
1-Newbie

I just completely removed all PTC files, and did a reinstall. I'm getting the same results.

Do you have a copy of the School Install PDF?

I don't have it.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

I don't think that is going to correct the error. Best to open a case - so someone can connect to your machine and see what's happening. I cannot reproduce it and cannot find any information about it being a known issue.

Same machine ran Creo 2 w/o issues? Does it have latest video drivers? Is the graphics library path permissions open to view and read (<install_path>\M010\Common Files\graphic-library)? Try setting config.pro option pro_texture_library to the install_path graphic-library.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Ryan, send me a PM with your email address and I'll set up a WebEx session for tonight if that works for you.

rpackham
1-Newbie

Sorry, I've been teaching all day, and this is the first chance I've had to respond.

I can play around with those settings when I get home (I don't have the laptop with me at the moment.)

I can be in front of my laptop at 4:00 PST today, or Wed between 3-5:00 PST.

The best way to reach me is email or text:

rpackham@hemetusd.org

951-392-9108

Thanks

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

One more thought for you. Check your "start in" folder for Creo. By default it starts in the Users/Public/Public Documents folder for anything out of the ordinary. In the case of colors and appearances, look for a color or texture definition file. If possible, put all the files in this folder into a subfolder so Creo cannot see them. You could also edit the properties of the Creo Parametric shortcut and have it start in a new, empty folder.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

One more item. Not sure how I missed this one last night. Run a Windows Update to see if the is a newer graphics driver for your computer. If not, try the manufacturer's site for an update.

rpackham
1-Newbie

Scott,

You just earned your way onto Santa's good list!

It was the graphics drivers. Now everything looks beautiful!

Thank for all your help.

Ryan

creoyea.gif

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Woo-hoo! Wish we started with that one 😉

Top Tags