cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo 3.0 M110 Student Edition License Issue

tenterline
1-Newbie

Creo 3.0 M110 Student Edition License Issue

Hello everyone,

For some reason when I go to enter the license code it always fails.  I even tried using the relicense instructions and it still fails.  When I went to open Creo it gave me an error which I have taken a snapshot of and attached.  This is the current code that I am using- BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Tyler

17 REPLIES 17

Hi,

1.]

C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK390206EDSTUDENTUNICL_Iicense.dat file contains Creo Parametric 2.0 license (Version 33.0).

2.]

Look into C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory. Is there any other license file ?

If BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL license file exists, then you can modify parametric.psf in Creo 3.0 installation to link it to this license file.

3.]

If C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory contains BK390206EDSTUDENTUNICL_Iicense.dat file, only then >>>

• move BK390206EDSTUDENTUNICL_Iicense.dat file into other directory (e.g. C:\Users\youraccount\Documents)
    • this step will hide license file for relicensing procedure
  • run relicensing

4.]

Did you receive BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL license file via email ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Hello Hanak,

I have the same problem as Tyler. I did all steps as you said.

To Step 2: In C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing are both license BK390206EDSTUDENTUNICL_Iicense.dat and BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL therefore I moved the first license to my account as you said in step3.

But the Problem is the current licenseBK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL is expired as you can see in the following screen shot.

1.PNG

Is there any new licensecode for Creo 3.0 M110 and where can I find this one?

Hi,

I guess that C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing must be empty (no files save in it), if you want to apply BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL product code and get new license file for next one-year period.

MH

Martin Hanák

Yes, you are right about there not being any files in that folder.  How do I get the license file with the code BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL?

Hi,

enter BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL product code into orange field during installation. See Re: Can't get license. discussion.

MH

Martin Hanák

That code still gives me an error when entering it in the orange field.

Hi,

error message is known issue. People reported this behavior in the past frequently.

If you'll wait for a while, license file should be emailed to your email box. You can save the file on disk and modify parametric.psf file to point to it.

MH

Martin Hanák

Okay, I haven't gotten an email for a license before but I'll wait and see what happens.  What's the parametric.psf file and where is it located?

Hi,

parametric.psf file is located in Parametric\bin directory in Creo installation (in case of successful installation).

If you receive license file and save it on disk, then you can also run installation and enter path to license file into red field. See Re: Can't get license. discussion.

MH

Martin Hanák

I found the directory where it is located which I'm looking for the file right now.  However, for some reason Windows 10 is telling me that it can't run the current version of Creo Parametric (M110).  I was able to run it yesterday, it's just that the license wasn't right.  I'm not really sure what to do now...

Hi,

1.] upload parametric.psf file (use info from How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply)

2.] attach screenshot which shows error message telling you that W10 can't run the current version of Creo Parametric (M110).

MH

Martin Hanák

If you suggest another reinstall I'll go ahead and do that.  I haven't changed the parametric.psf file yet because Creo won't open on my computer (this just started happening today).

Hi,

1.] I have never seen your W10 error. I have no idea what does it means.

2.] Your parametric.psf is in undefined state.

// PTC - PSF file: parametric

//

PRODUCT=Creo Parametric

DESC=Creo Parametric (default)

SHIPCODE=M110

CREO_COMMON_FILES=Common Files

//

ENV=MECH_LP=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\mech

ENV=MECH_HOME=%MECH_LP%\%PRO_MACHINE_TYPE%

ENV=PRO_MECH_COMMAND="%CREOAPP_DIRECTORY%\bin\parametric.exe" "%CREOAPP_DIRECTORY%\bin\parametric.psf"

ENV=RPC_TIMEOUT=31536000

ENV=MEDI_HOME=%MECH_HOME%

ENV=PATH+=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\%PRO_MACHINE_TYPE%\deflib

ENV=PATH-=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\%PRO_MACHINE_TYPE%\lib

ENV=PATH-=%INTRALINK_DIR%\%PRO_MACHINE_TYPE%\illib

ENV=PATH+=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\libs\dfor\lib

ENV=PATH+=%CREOAPP_DIRECTORY%\bin

ENV=NMSD_TIMEOUT=300

ENV=PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\%PRO_MACHINE_TYPE%\obj\pro_comm_msg.exe

ENV=PROE_START=%CREOAPP_DIRECTORY%\bin\parametric.exe

ENV=CDRS_DATA=%PRO_DIRECTORY%

ENV=PRO_IMAGE_CONVERTER=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\%PRO_MACHINE_TYPE%\obj\convert_image.exe

ENV=PROGUIDE_DIRECTORY=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\uifdoc

ENV=SPG_DIRECTORY=%PRO_DIRECTORY%

ENV=PRO_USRMAIN=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\usrprog\umain\usrmain.c

ENV=PROTABLE_DIRECTORY=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\protable

ENV=MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\%PRO_MACHINE_TYPE%\obj\MOZILLA

ENV=PROTAB=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\%PRO_MACHINE_TYPE%\obj\protab.exe

ENV=ZIP_EXEC=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\%PRO_MACHINE_TYPE%\obj\zip.exe

ENV=CLHOME=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\text\pcldata

ENV=PVIEW_PROEPVIEW_HOME=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\apps\prodview

ENV=CV_ENV_HOME=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\%PRO_MACHINE_TYPE%\CV140

ENV=DEBUG_HLP_DLL_PATH=%PRO_DIRECTORY%\%PRO_MACHINE_TYPE%\lib\dbghelp.dll

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=[LICENSE_IDENTIFIERS]

ENV=CREO_APP=PMA

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=[FEATURE_NAME]

RUN="%MECH_LP%\install\nt\pro_mech_env.bat"

RUN="%PRO_DIRECTORY%\%PRO_MACHINE_TYPE%\nms\nmsd.exe" -noservice -timeout %NMSD_TIMEOUT% &

RUN="%PRO_DIRECTORY%\%PRO_MACHINE_TYPE%\obj\xtop.exe"

ENV=DBG_NCPOST_PATH=%CREOAPP_DIRECTORY%\bin

ENV=PRO_ALLOW_EARLY_RETURN=TRUE

// USER - PSF

// Add User specific environment or run applications below here

[LICENSE_IDENTIFIERS] ... this whole string must be replaced by full path to license file

[FEATURE_NAME] ... this whole string must be replaced by license name, this name is available in license file after INCREMENT keyword

MH

Martin Hanák

I reinstalled Creo and am now able to open it.  I found the .psf file, but when I open it, Creo wants me to choose a path for Start Up Directory.  How do I find the text which you listed in your last response so I can make the necessary changes?

Hi,

1.]

To launch Creo, user should create a shortcut related to parametric.exe file. In shortcut properties it is necessary to set Start in value - path to directory, where user has full access rights ... for example C:\Users\Public\Documents

2.]

psf file is text file, you can open/edit it in Notepad.

MH

Martin Hanák

I see the Creo 2.0 license which I have moved out of the License folder.  However, I don't have the reconfigure utility anywhere in my Creo files.  I just uninstalled and reinstalled all of Creo and I still don't have it for some reason.

Hi,

I guess that C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing must be empty (no files save in it), if you want to apply BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL product code and get new license file for next one-year period.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags