cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo 3.0 doesnt work, licensing server error

asheldon
1-Newbie

Creo 3.0 doesnt work, licensing server error

We installed the licesing server as per PDF instructions

We installed each client PC as per instructions.

When we launch the client we get a "License request failed for feature".

PLease can you offer any advice.. Attached is the error message

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mark,

I have fixed it myself.

On each client check the parametric.psf (c:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M010\Parametric\bin) and change the following line:

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_Academic2 ()

to

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_Schools3 ()

Save the changes all the software should load. Please also note that if you use Layout,Direct or Simulate, you will also need to change their PSF file replacing Academic2 with Schools3 like above.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:asheldon)

Andrew,

It appears that the license file that it is trying to reference is a Creo 2.0 license file. Can you please submit a support request so we can resolve this off the community?

http://support.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/forms/index.jsp?&im_dbkey=142574&icg_dbkey=482

I am also having this issue???

This 'first release' of Creo 3.0 for academic users is the single seat 'Student Edition'. The universal code in the install instructions will not work on a license server.

I will be using the Student Edition to learn new features and get familiar with any changes from Creo 2.0.

My advice to schools is to plan ahead before moving to a new release. Make sure all teachers using Creo are comfortable with the new release and have updated tutorials, schemes of work, etc.

Happy modelling.

MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-4968828)

Sarah,

Can you submit a support request as well? This should be a relatively simple fix.

http://support.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/forms/index.jsp?&im_dbkey=142574&icg_dbkey=482

Hi Mark,

I have fixed it myself.

On each client check the parametric.psf (c:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M010\Parametric\bin) and change the following line:

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_Academic2 ()

to

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_Schools3 ()

Save the changes all the software should load. Please also note that if you use Layout,Direct or Simulate, you will also need to change their PSF file replacing Academic2 with Schools3 like above.

Top Tags