Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo 3.0 for FIRST is coming soon

sm

Creo 3.0 for FIRST is coming soon

PTC is planning to release Creo 3.0 for FIRST teams in August/September.

If you are planning some Creo software maintenance for the summer, you might want to put it on hold until PTC releases the details of Creo 3.0 for FIRST. The update will require a new software download and new software licenses, so please plan accordingly.

PTC is working on some new projects to greatly simplify the installation proces and also streamline the user interface to remove many of the features and capabiliites that are used very infrequently by FIRST teams. This work will not complete in time for the first release of Creo 3.0, but PTC plans to have them ready with the next maintenance release of Creo 3.0 expected in the fall.

Stay tuned and I'll let you know as soon as we have Creo 3.0 ready for download.

Tags (3)
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Creo 3.0 for FIRST is coming

Thanks for the update Scott!

Unite technology will be a huge benefit for next season! I just really hope we get Creo 3 in plenty of time to train on the new features!

Interested in what's new with Creo 3.0? While we're finalizing the software, you can check out the documentation for a detailed review of What's New in Creo Parametric 3.0 using the online Help Center. Many of the udpate topics include short videos on PTC Learning Exchange to get a better understanding of the changes.

Excellent! I was just teaching a student from my old team some Creo the other day, and mentioned that I needed to check when teams would be getting their hands on it. I'm glad we'll be seeing it in the very near future! We're particularly excited because parts of our team run Solidworks while the majority runs Creo, so this will make it significantly easier to do top-level work in Creo while letting our students and mentors use the software that they are comfortable with.

Can't wait!

Re: Creo 3.0 for FIRST is coming soon

Are there any updates on when it is coming?

Thanks so much,

~Max Tepermeister

Creo 3.0 M010 is scheduled to be release on 29th of September 2014.

This is the correct date for the commercial software. The PTC Academic team is working on specific academic versions of the Creo products, including Mathcad and expects to have them ready shortly after the release of Creo Parametric 3.0 M010. Let's keep mid-October as the earliest date it would be available.

It sounds like PTC will have the student licensing issues resolve around the end of September. So 2-3 more weeks until the academic team rolls out the new software.

So last I heard, it was due out Oct. 15. How's that looking?

Also, what about licenses? I would expect we would need new ones. Is there still a "Schools" and "Academic" version? I have a couple of sites with license servers running the "Academic" license.

Thanks,

Josh

Any news on the Student/Academic version? Sorry to sound impatient.

Announcements
Welcome to PTC Academic!