Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo 3.0 for FIRST is coming soon

Re: Creo 3.0 for FIRST is coming soon

Patrick,

Very soon! We are currently in the process of writting install guides and making changes to our website. We'll make an annoucement within the next few days most likely.

Mark,

We are looking forward to this in Scotland.

We have been teaching using PTC products since the Scotland trial of Pro|E WF3 some year ago and then additionally as a teacher trainer.

We currently use Creo 2 Build M070 which are standalone licensed due to our networking facilities (or lack of);

Service Contract Number: Academic2

Release: 2.0

Creo Parametric Date Code: M070

License Name: CREOPMA_Academic2

License Version: 33.0

License Type: Education Edition, Node-Locked License

Server Name: NONE

I have 40 machines each with standalone license - with the retirement of Tim Brotherhood my principal contact - how will I get the software?

Rgds,

James

Absolutely James! You can just fill out the request form from the link below:

http://www.ptc.com/communities/academic-program/products/free-software

We will get back to you with the information that you need. Also feel free to get in contact with us on the Schools Community or - if you have any questions.

I'm starting to get peppered about Creo 3 being available for download, but have not seen any communications about it. Are we ready? Is there still and "Academic" and a "Schools" license?

Hi Josh,

Yes Creo 3.0 is now available for download and our official communications will come later on today.

We've split up Creo 3.0 a little bit differently to highlight the needs of our different user groups.

For K-12 the students now have PTC Creo 3.0 Schools Edition Standalone and PTC Creo 3.0 Schools Edition Lab.

University students can get PTC Creo 3.0 Student Edition Standard and purchase PTC Creo 3.0 Student Edition Premium on our e-store.

As far as the actual license options that are included in each package, they really haven't changed at all. We added Creo View MCAD to the Schools edition license and the new features that come with Creo 3.0. Besides that they should be functionally identical.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks Mark,

Does that mean that Creo Schools Edition Lab is a floating license that can be run from a server and includes Creo Manufacturing?

Josh,

Schools edition lab is a floating license, but it has the exact same features as the standalone version. It includes the lite version of Creo Manufacturing.

Josh, the full manufacturing and post processing solutions are only included in the University edition. The Student edition only comes with Expert Machinist and a single, generic post processor. If you need more of the advanced NC solutions and the ability to create and customize your own post processor, you can request a University license from the Academic tem.

I'll take a look at the student edition and see if that works. Team 1671 is completing their design for a CNC router with aluminum capabilities that they intend to use for doing a great deal of their FRC framework. Team 3970 has several CNC routers and will have similar requirements.

When I try to go to the download page, it says that I need to upgrade my account. Doing that requires a customer number that I don't have as I am a student. Can someone give a link to the correct download page?

Thanks so much! and I am sorry if this is a silly question.

Announcements
Welcome to PTC Academic!