FYI..my install is failing. Maybe due to already having corporate WF5 installation? Maybe some local customizations/enviornment variables? Have you folks received any other feedback?
No we haven't heard anything about the installer thus far. What's the problem that you are experiencing? If you're still experiencing an issue, send me an email at -
I installed Creo 3.0 by following the link above, but I think something went wrong. I can create new parts, but I can't open our team's existing parts because they "were created with an educational version".
FRC Team 2877 The Ligerbots
Can you send me one of the parts? I'll see if I can replicate that same problem.
P.s. It was nice meeting you the other night at the Newton open house!
I'm experiencing the same problem re. not being able to open parts and assemblies created with Creo 2.
I've attached a zip - it happens when trying to open either part or assembly.
BTW - I get the same error/message when creating a new assembly in 3 and then trying to include a part from the Tetrix Block Party KOP.
I'm still having this issue loading parts and Assemblies.
Should I uninstall/reinstall?
Our team's group computer has Creo 2 and some students had 2 and installed 3 on their computers and somw just have 3. I want to get us all in sync but since myself and some of the students are having trouble loading files, I'm not sure what to do.
So the cause of this issue had to do with our licensing server for the first 36 hours after release. Any installations that took place after that should not have this issue.
In order to fix this, you just need to get a new license file. Reinstalling will generate a file for you or you can generate one online. If the ladder sounds more appealing, please let me know!
I posted above that I had this problem, so I wanted to close the loop with an update:
(1) Thanks to Mark Cheli for getting Creo 3.0 working on my computer. It seems there was a problem with the license generation for the first few days. I had uninstalled and reinstalled but may not have removed all the license files, because it didn't fix the problem. Perhaps Mark can post instructions on what to do in addition/instead of the Windows uninstall, so the other "early adopters" can get a clean slate. Whatever magic he did, the Creo installation on my machine now has the proper academic license and opens our old parts and assemblies.
(2) I just installed Creo 3.0 on my son's computer using the original download and generating a new license file, using his PTC account and the license code in the PDF installation instructions. It also installed correctly as an academic version and opens our FRC parts and assemblies. (So whatever the problem was, it was not with the DVD image or the license code itself). I'm ready to have our students start installing it on their home machines.
I haven't used 3.0 enough to say whether it's going to be a problem to be using it at home with 2.0 at school, but I look forward to finding out...
FRC Team 2877 The Ligerbots