cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo 3.0 question

cmiller-3
1-Newbie

Creo 3.0 question

Will Creo 3.0 work on Windows 10? I have read in one place that Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 are required and then somewhere else that said Windows 10 is too. Thanks,

Chris

10 REPLIES 10
JB_87049
15-Moonstone
(To:cmiller-3)

Yes, it works on Windows 10.
I use Creo 3 M110 on Windows 10.

In case you have bad performance while rotating assemblies and are using a NVidia chipset, you can use the NVidia control panel to specify the NVidia GPU for xtop.exe and add the line

graphics win32_gdi

to config.pro

John Bijnens

http://technologiecampusdiepenbeek.be

The configuration option graphics win32_gdi tell Creo to not use the GPU and instead perform all graphics calculations in the CPU. It's the graphics equivalent for Creo graphics of Safe Mode.

JB_87049
15-Moonstone
(To:dschenken)

I know that win32_gdi is supposed to do all the graphic calculations in the CPU and not to use the GPU.
However.
I use Creo on an Asus G50V with 8 GB RAM and NVidia GeForce 9700M and Windows 10. I use the option graphics opengl and indeed it uses the GPU.
I have students with an HP Envy and a hybrid Acer (something like a Hybrid Aspire R 13), both using a NVidia chipset and an Intel i7 processor and running Windows 10..
If we use the option graphics opengl (or no graphics option at all) in the config.pro rotating even a small assembly with only 4 parts is unbelievable slow on both the HP and the Acer. Using the option graphics win32_gdi makes it usable. That is what I was trying to say.

Apparently the option graphics d3d isn't supported anymore.
I have seen several Windows 10 systems that behaved too slow in general.
When I took a look at the processes (details) in the task manager and sorted the processes according to CPU usage I saw that one particular process WmiPrvSe.exe was using too much CPU. This process is linked to the Windows Instrumentation Manager. If it uses too much cpu it is in most cases an indication that something is interfering with the Windows driver system. In my cases it was software of the hardware manufacturer itself that was the culprit and I had to deinstall it to solve the problem. In the case of the hybrid Acer I couldn't do that because that was the software that switches between laptop and tablet mode, so the student didn't want it to be deinstalled. Apparently with Windows 10 everything has to be Windows 10 otherwise it can be the cause of a possible conflict.

You can find a detailed description about how to solve the high cpu usage of WmiPrvSe.exe on the following llnk

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-wmiprvse-exe-high-cpu-usage-on-windows-10/

I was misled by the suggestion to use the Nvidia  control panel for xtop.exe and then telling Creo to not use any GPU.

Configuring the Nvidia driver is useless if the GPU is not used.

JB_87049
15-Moonstone
(To:dschenken)

You're right there. It is my mistake. I should have explained it more clearly. The reason I ask my students to configure the NVidia driver is the following.

In most cases their laptops have two graphic chipsets, an Intel HD one and a NVidia chipset. Very often the system is configured badly, i.e. it will always use the Intel chipset. By having them configure the NVidia chipset everything is prepared for when they uninstall the ill-behaving driver and install the correct one.

nkamal
5-Regular Member
(To:JB_87049)

Sir you seem very expert in creo.

I am using HP ENVY 15, 8 GB RAM and NVIDIA 840M with INTEL Graphics Card.

You can see image as Figure 1 of an assembly. You can see the blurry lines. I think it has something to do with Anti Aliasing.

Moreover you can see the settings in Fig2,3,4.

Can you please guide me with this problem.

However i like to mention that SOLIDWORKS works fine.

Warm Regards

nkamal
5-Regular Member
(To:nkamal)

Fig1.JPG

fig2.JPGfig3.JPG

fig4.JPG

JB_87049
15-Moonstone
(To:nkamal)

What Windows version do you use ?
If you are using Windows 10 it can be that the driver update was not executed correctly.
You could try the following.
1. Press <windows key><x>
2. Select Device Manager
3. Unfold "Display Adapters"
4. Right mouse click on the NVidia entry and select the option "Update Driver Software"

5. Select "Search automatically for updated driver software".
6. If an update is found and installed, reboot your system when the update is finished.

7. Restart Creo and check whether the problem is solved.

I completely agree. Here is another way to fix this issue:

Users can download and install the Reimage Plus software. This software can be used to scan, repair and restore all the corrupt and missing files from The users can check whether the WMI Provider Host has high CPU usage drops. If not then they can try other alternatives.

Reference Links:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/wmi-provider-host-high-cpu-usage-and-laptop/44cb3953-a883-404a-a94f-ee4f363d3a4b?page=2&auth=1

https://www.techwhoop.com/wmi-provider-host-high-cpu-usage/

In case of having issues with WmiPrvSe.exe or aka WMI Provider Host, here are a few solutions you can use to diagnose and troubleshooting.

Fix WmiPrvSE.exe WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage In Windows 10

Typically, it works without any issues and use a little of your CPU, as well as RAM. But in case something wrong with this system process, it takes up a lot of computer resources.

Top Tags