cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo 3 and 'How to model almost anything'

ptc-3008100
1-Newbie

Creo 3 and 'How to model almost anything'

I Have upgraded to creo 3 after a few attempts. But more importantly i have reviewed the selection of assembly models with supporting tutorials in the 'how to model almost anything' which is available to download on the academic resource page.

what a great introduction to the software.. I tried out the first excercise with my year 10 engineers and they were hooked. It is good to have such a range of assembly models to investigate and build the basic understanding of assembly modelling.

i Am going to continue working through the excercises and hopefully these pupils will get to grips with the software in a new way.

thanks for the resources PTC.,and merry christmas to all.

Neil..

uk.

3 REPLIES 3

Neil,

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Creo 3.0 and have enjoyed How to Model Almost Anything. We're really pushing in our program to release newer and better curriculum, so it's great to hear that you find the exercises useful and engaging for your students. We're hoping to continue releasing curriculum over this next year, so stay tuned .

Chris

Chris

I'm using "How to Model Almost Anything" with my CAD class and we are on Exercise 6. When we get to the last exercise with the Lego's we are running into all sorts of obstacles. It seems like a step is missing or the tutorial assumes you know more than you should. We are struggling with sliders and assembling all the parts. Do you have any thoughts or areas we can get some more help?

Hi David,

I think that your problem is that in the exercise you are not instructed on how to create a second set of constraints.

Indeed for the Slider you need some instance of the assembly to have two sets of constraints.

Here is how to add it:

SCR2.jpg

Pleasse let us know you need more information regarding this exercise.

Thanks,

Alex

Top Tags