cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo 3 download?

JeremyConnaught
1-Newbie

Creo 3 download?

Hi Folks

is Creo 3 available to users of Creo2?

if so how do we get it?

Thanks

Jeremy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jeremy, sadly the new naming of versions is confusing and links to get the right version are not easy to find.

The good news is, training is no longer a requirement so schools and students can get PTC Creo 3.0 FREE by following the links below.

Secondary school teachers: K-12 Educator | PTC Creo Parametric | Academic Program | PTC

Secondary school pupils: PTC Creo K12 Download Student Edition | PTC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Jeremy, sadly the new naming of versions is confusing and links to get the right version are not easy to find.

The good news is, training is no longer a requirement so schools and students can get PTC Creo 3.0 FREE by following the links below.

Secondary school teachers: K-12 Educator | PTC Creo Parametric | Academic Program | PTC

Secondary school pupils: PTC Creo K12 Download Student Edition | PTC

Thanks Tim

so all that previous work and now they get it free

Afraid so.   With budgets being cut all the time, teachers cannot get funding for CPD. This is sad because all the research shows adoption in the classroom is much better when teachers are introduced to software through face-to-face courses.  Another benefit of attending training is seeing the work other teachers are doing and you are doing way more than most.

Hi Tim and Jeremy,

A basic question on install: Can Creo 3 be installed on a school network?  I've got a query from a school (moving from ProD to Creo and done the training) which goes:

'I need a Creo 3.0 Schools Lab (2 years license) – used in schools, same functionality as Premium, requires a license server that floats 150 licenses thru FlexNet. Where do I get the license server'

Regards,

Bob Booth

Hello Robert,

This question has been marked answered, maybe you might want to post your question as a new question?

- Jim

tbrotherhood
4-Participant
(To:BobBooth)

Hi Bob,

Creo 3 can be installed on a network using exactly the same method as Creo 2.  The license server software is installed and licensed first on a server. Creo 3 is then installed on a network PC and this image can be cloned on as many PCs as needed.  Links to register for the network (and standalone) version are my previous message above.  Educators requesting licenses for more than a handfull of PCs should be issued with the network product code and instructions. 

Note, teachers wanting to work offline from the school network, e.g. at home on their laptop should register separately for a single seat license.

Tim

Thanks Tim, I'll pass this install info. on to the school asking the question about Creo3 on a network.

Top Tags