cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo 3 rendering

RoyHandley
3-Visitor

Creo 3 rendering

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the rendering facilities in Creo 3?

I am finding it almost impossible to create good quality renders of wood grain and difficult to replicate renders that I have previously executed easily with Creo 2.

It was possible in Creo 2 to create an acceptable render using the default settings but now it is necessary to adjust lighting otherwise the render is much too dark. Even with lighting adjusted it is very difficult to get a good quality render of grain.

I personally am most dissapointed with what I have seen so far.

Does anyone have any more positive experiences with the rendering facility?

Roy Handley

15 REPLIES 15

I am still using Creo 2 so I can give files to schools.

Just had a quick go and had no problem opening 2.0 Academic files.

The render seems to work the same way except the render appears in a new window. I tried changing the wood grain direction and scale on the boiler which seemed to work for the two renders below.

Compare_grain.PNG

I think I know what has happened. In Creo 2.0 advanced material textures wouldn't display properly when modelling with the shading with Reflections' option set for the graphics window. They do now, see the screen capture below of the modelling window..

Shading_with_reflections.PNG

It seems making advanced textures work in live view may have changed the way proper render works. Is this a case of one step forward to improve 'window dressing' resulting in two steps back for core functionality?

Is it my imagination or does draft render work much quicker in Creo 3.0?

The larger image of the train was the modelling window without being rendered but with the "Shading With Reflections" option chosen.

Graphics-Reflections.png

The top two windows were done with 'Render to Window' with 'Maximum' setting.

Tim

This is what I get for a mahogany render in the modelling window! Do you think this might be a graphics card issue?

Mahogany render.png

Roy

Roy, Could be graphics card issues.

I created a similar block with Mahogany Solid Polished applied and the Photolux-studio-soft scene.

I edited the Appearance and changed direction to Z axis and increased the scale to around 60.

Just with Shading with reflections set I get the view below and with Maximum render the image below that.

I couldn't find the Photolux-studio-hard scene which is the one I used most for illustrations in documents.

Tim

Mahogany_render.PNG

Mahogany_render_maximum.PNG

Tim

I get a similar render to you with Photolux but not in the modelling window

Mahogany+render+2.png

Roy

Even with Shading with Reflections selected?

Graphics-Reflections.png

Yes Tim. I have that selected.

Photolux studio hard scene is there but not in the same place as previously!

Roy

I would try the OpenGL graphics commands in the config.pro to see if that works. If so, then try removing them and updating your graphics card drivers. Let me know how it goes.

Tim

Any idea why it renders to a new window despite having chosen "Render to Full Window" from render setup.

It only does this now I have schools tab set up.

It didn't do this yesterday before I installed the schools tab!

Roy

Roy,

It must be something in the configuration as I configured the Schools tab from the start and have always seen the image editor window. I cannot see any advantage in this as it's just as easy to save an image from the main graphics window?

I can see the reasoning behind the Schools tab but think it should be the last tab in the ribbon so that illustrations in existing tutorials are not affected and, additonal sketching tools shoiuld be in the 'Sketcher' group not a generic 'More' group.

Tim

MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:RoyHandley)

Roy,

Just an FYI, i'm looking into this. I hope to know something more about it later on today.

Thank you - look forward to a possible solution

Roy

MarkCheli
6-Contributor

Roy,

Just sent you an email directly. I'd like to do a test of this myself to get more info.

bchauhan
6-Contributor

Hi Guys,

This is my first time here.. Im bhav...

Since Creo 2 license has been expired, we had to upgrade Creo 3, Ever since we had Creo 3 it was not good as Creo 2, because when rendering in Creo 3 it's take forever to rendering and the picture quality is poor. Where as Creo 2, the picture quality was excellent and rendering were rapid. Is there a setting that i have missed on Creo 3?

Please help

thanks

Top Tags