cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo 3 will install, but not launch

aboulton
1-Newbie

Creo 3 will install, but not launch

I've got a problem with Creo 3 Academic version. We have PCs that have been running Creo 2, and tried to install Creo 3 over the top. Creo 3 seems to install with no errors, however the program will not launch.

I've uninstalled all of Creo 2 and 3, deleted the Program Files and ProgramData directories, as well as the HKLM/Software/PTC registry key. Following that and a restart, I've tried reinstalling Creo 3, again installed with no errors, however the program will still not launch, and doesn't throw up an error message, or log anything in the event log.

Using the same installation files on a clean PC (i.e. never had Creo installed), the software launches successfully.

Any hints as to why the program fails to launch, or are there some other hidden files I need to delete first?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:aboulton)

Can you try launching the software from a command prompt? Then you will have the diagnostic output and the std.out file in that folder. What happens when you run the software? Error message? Pop up window? Nothing? Can you capture a screen shot?

Did you successfully install the Creo 3.0 license? Curious if you are trying launch Creo 3.0 software with a Creo 2.0 license which will not work.

Maybe you can try a full uninstall of Creo 2.0 and a fresh installation of Creo 3.0?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

is configuration of "clean" PC the same as "problematic" one ? I mean HW and Windows...

Launch shortcut runs parametric.exe program, this program looks for parametric.psf file by default. Does parametric.psf file contain license name and path to license source ?

Look for std.out file in startup directory. It can contain error message.

Add following option into config.pro file and do a test.

graphics  win32_gdi

MH

Martin Hanák
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:aboulton)

Can you try launching the software from a command prompt? Then you will have the diagnostic output and the std.out file in that folder. What happens when you run the software? Error message? Pop up window? Nothing? Can you capture a screen shot?

Did you successfully install the Creo 3.0 license? Curious if you are trying launch Creo 3.0 software with a Creo 2.0 license which will not work.

Maybe you can try a full uninstall of Creo 2.0 and a fresh installation of Creo 3.0?

Top Tags