cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo 3 won't install, Pending Prerequisite

gheeke
1-Newbie

Creo 3 won't install, Pending Prerequisite

Hello,

I downloaded Creo 3 student version and am trying to install it.  Following the instructions everything goes well, license looks like it installs and I get the "Success" message.  Click next and Install.  Several of the items look to install, but several are stuck with status "Pending Prerequisite".  Can't click back or any of the other buttons. 

Firewalls are disabled. 

I did search the forums and found this post:Re: Can't download Creo 3.0: 'Pending Prerequisite', checked my task manager and found no msi.exe.  Did not find any other hits.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

8 REPLIES 8
gheeke
1-Newbie
(To:gheeke)

I had another thought, I unchecked everything except Creo Parametric and the required files.  Still get the error, here is a screen shot.

Hi,

it would be helpful, if you provide detailed description of your installation steps. For example:

1.] what is your operating system

2.] where did you get installation package

and so on ...

MH

Martin Hanák
gheeke
1-Newbie

Here is my system information:

I got the download from the PTC site here:

I followed the directions on this sheet:

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo3_unistudent_standard.pdf?_ga=1.70177744.1152520742.1476487643

I have Norton Internet security, and did have it turned off during the attempted installs.  The Windows firewall shows

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg Heeke

Hi,

1.] What program did you use to unzip downloaded file ?

2.] What exe files are present in uzipped directory ? What exe file did you launch ?

MH

Martin Hanák

I am not sure how to tell what was used to unzip, Windows 10 seems to have a default and that is what was used.  Here is a screen shot

I clicked the Extract All and told it what directory to put them in.

I ran the "setup.exe" in the directory above.

Thanks

Greg

Hi,

I am not sure how did you launch setup.exe. On the picture you provided I can see "a look inside zip file". You must not launch setup.exe seeing on the picture. Instead of it you have to browse into target directory choosen during Extract All procedure and launch setup.exe from there.

Before you start another installation attempt, please uninstall every piece of unsuccessful Creo installation and delete PTC sub-directory in C:\Program Files directory.

Also check the existence of license file in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory.

I think that you can also launch setup-schools.exe (it is only my guess ...).

MH

Martin Hanák
gheeke
1-Newbie

I did launch from the folder, not from the zip.  The screen shot was to try and answer your question as to how I unzipped the files.

I cleared the PTC directory and re-installed.  Same result.

The license file seems OK, at installation after putting license info in, I get a green Success message.

Tried the setup-schools.exe, similar results.

I then again deleted the PTC directory and the files I had downloaded and tried Creo 2.  It installed and worked perfectly.

I guess I will use Creo 2.

Thanks for all your help

Greg

erler
1-Newbie

I was with the same problem. It solved form me. I made three different things at once, but I don't know the relevance of each one to solve the issue, or what of them really is the solution.

1. I installed the Mathcad Prime 4.0 with the installer of the Mathcad, and it installed the Microsoft NET Framework 4.6.2;

2. I updated the windows, important and optional updates;

3. I turned off the anti virus.

Once this was made, I started the installer and made it successfully!

Top Tags