Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo 4.0 Academic Free Editions is available NOW

Level 9

Creo 4.0 Academic Free Editions is available NOW

The new Creo 4.0 is now available for Students and K12 schools. It has lots of improvements and it's really cool.

Here are a few of the new features in Creo 4.0 (please note that some of them are not available for Student edition):

Please note that Creo 4.0 will only run on 64 Bit Windows. Find the minimal requirements here.

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Creo 4.0 Academic Free Editions is available NOW

Hi,

when K12 student launches setup-schools.exe to install Creo 4.0, then he will receive license file containing Creo 3.0 licenses.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I'm really sorry for this issue... I'm in the process of getting the schools-setup.exe fixed.

Untill than, I've changed the installation instruction for Creo 4.0 Schools Standard Edition online and it is now instructing users to run setup.exe and use the product code (also included in the document).

So if you don't mind please uninstall and reinstall using the new installation instruction available on https://www.ptc.com/en/academic-program/products/free-software/creo-download

Thanks,

Alex

Hi,

setup.exe with Product Code BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12 works well.

Thanks for quick correction.

Martin Hanák

Hello. Long term schools user here since WF3. We've been running Creo 3.0 and now looking to upgrade to Creo 4.0. I've just installed on a trial machine and rendering appears to have been removed from the Schools standard edition. Which version of the license do we need? Is it via the K12 Educators page yet again? Regards James

Hi James,

Creo 4.0 Schools Standard doesn't have the Rendering Studio, but now any Creo 4.0 has imbeded a View mode to show the product in the environment:

Render.jpg

All you need to do is go to View tab, choose the Scene and activate Perspective View, in the Shading with reflections mode.

Creo 4.0 Schools Premium Standalone/Lab will have Rendering Studio available!

Thanks,

Alex

Highlighted

Thanks - the mode you describe isn't really up to the standard I need. I have applied for Schools Premium Standalone licenses. Are they being provided yet? Regards, James.

Hi James,

We started sending the Creo 4.0 Schools Premium Standalone and Lab codes, but there are many requests, so it may take a while untill we get all the requests solved Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex, Just got my Schools Premium codes and updated the license... alas no rendering available! Still telling me Advanced_Rendering_III not ordered. Any clues. Regards, James

Hi James,

We are working on including the Rendering Studio in K12 Premium licenses. It seems that my coleagues didn't finish the process, but I've send you a PM and we'll get this fixed Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Alex