cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo 4.0 Academic doesn't start on win10.

polibenex
5-Regular Member

Creo 4.0 Academic doesn't start on win10.

Hi all,

My ptc creo parametric 4.0 doesn't start. I checked my graphic driver, i tried to reinstall 2 times the program but it doesn't fix it.

I tried to start with parametric.exe and .bat, also on the windows command prompt. Same problem.

No errors shown.

I also tried to disable windows defender and tried to start ptc as administrator..nothing happened.

Someone can help me?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Hi,

1. remove all license files from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory
  2. uninstall all pieces of Creo 4.0
  3. launch setup.exe and install Creo 4.0 once again
  4. use one of following Product codes

K-12       students can use Product code BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12
University students can use Product code BK410705EDSTUDENTUNICL

Martin Hanák
polibenex
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Just did it, same issue.

I used the university code you wrote.

Hi,

when I tested BK410705EDSTUDENTUNICL product code on 28-August-2017, I received license file named

BK410705EDSTUDENTUNICL_license.dat

containing following line:

INCREMENT CREOPMA_Student3 ptc_d 35.0 29-aug-2018 uncounted \

License name CREOPMA_Student3 is strange, but 35.0 code means that the license can be used to run Creo Parametric 4.0.

Martin Hanák
polibenex
5-Regular Member

And so? Because the install says that the license it's ok. it's not a problem with the license.

I think it's about something else.i have just installed another program that use a flexlm license program, called lmtools. they can be in conflict?!

Thanks

Have you received any feedback on this polibenex? My student edition will not start either.

Hi,

locate config.pro file in Creo installation. Add following option at the end of the file,.

graphics  win32_gdi

Martin Hanák
JakobW
4-Participant

Hi

sry for reactivating this issue again, but i am struggleing with the same issue since 5 hours or so... I tried nearly everything, except reinstalling windows itself. 

I wanted to start creo again after a month of not using creo. Appr. a month ago creo parametric 4.0 worked fine. 

So after doubleclick on the creo icon, the hourglass appears for ca. 2sec. After this the hourglass disappears, and nothing happens anymore. No error message appears. 

I tried reinstalling creo in all combinations of deacitvating firewall, deleting license before reinstalling, restart the laptop inbetween, adding "graphics  win32_gdi" in config.pro, using the mentioned product code for a new license, following youtube video instructions (including installing weired free mouse clicking executables)...

Do you have any other idea why creo doesn't start anymore, althought it has already been working?

Thanks

Jakob

JakobW
4-Participant
(To:JakobW)

Pls help. Or is there a chance to see some logs to identify the problem?

Thx

JakobW
4-Participant

Finally i managed to run creo parametric again!

For those who are struggeling with the same problem, it might help to have a look to your network adapters. On my machine there was installed a virtual network adapter for vpn connection purposes. It might be that this was causing the problems. I uninstalled it, reinstalled creo and it works. I have not installed the virtual network adapter again, so it cannot blaim it for causing the problems for 100%

regards Jakob

Sudhir1
1-Newbie

Hi,

How did you uninstall the network adapter

Went into device manager and uninstalled my vpn adapter and that completely fixed it. Didn't even have to re-install. I'm very curious as to why the VPN is interfering with the program, unless its trying to reach out to verify license info, and the VPN is somehow blocking it *Pure Conjecture*.

I had the same problem with creo 4.0, uninstalling vpn did end the problem for me I didn't even need to reinstall the creo 4.0

appreciate your help.

Greg2
1-Newbie

Do you think you could go into depth into how you uninstalled it?

Top Tags