cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo 4.0 Student Edition License says "Success!" but also "Invalid file or format"

Participant

Creo 4.0 Student Edition License says "Success!" but also "Invalid file or format"

Hi, the problem is as the title states. I saw another post explaining the same problem but with Creo 3.0. I'm trying to download Creo 4.0 but it's giving me an invalid file or format when trying to install license. Tried opening the file but was empty. How do I solve this? Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Creo 4.0 Student Edition License says "Success!" but also "Invalid file or format

Having the same issue 

Re: Creo 4.0 Student Edition License says "Success!" but also "Invalid file or format

Hi,

see my reply from 2018-02-27 01:43 PM in https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Academic-Program-Discussions/Licence-Issue/m-p/536850

I guess the problem is related to non-supported network card.

Please open Command Prompt window, launch ipconfig /all > ip.txt command and upload ip.txt file. I will check your ip.txt file and suggest you to disable suspicious network card.

Martin Hanák

I have the same problem 

I have a similar issue. When i go into creo, it states that "License request failed for feature" and kicks me out of the software.

Hi,

the error message tells you that creo is not able to find the proper license file.

Please attach a picture of error window (enlarge it to show the whole message).

Martin Hanák

Hey, same problem here.

CREO4.0 Problem 1.JPG

I can't open ipconfig, for some reason.

I tried what you said in the other threads about deleting CREO (I didn't have it installed to begin with) and deleting the license file from the folder. Still didn't work.

I tried using advanced license entry to use the other network cards, they all have the same problem. I also tried disabling all my firewalls and VPN. Still not working.

Then I tried doing just the licence setup, still the same error with all 3 network cards.

CREO4.0 Problem 2.JPG

Hi,

• Invalid file or format error message can mean, that the file is empty ... please check the file contents
  • Creo expects using IPv4 protocol ... I think you cannot use IPv6 protocol, only ... please check this
  • to run ipconfig /all command you have to open Command Prompt window and enter the command

Martin Hanák

Got it. Here's what I did before it finally worked:

1. Install CREO (Even though it never fully opened due to no license)
  2. Uninstall all CREO software
  3. Run ipconfig /all from Command line
  4. Find network adapter with ipv4 option
  5. Disable windows firewall
  6. Run setup.exe from CREO download
  7. Run "Setup License"
  8. Select "Advanced License Entry"
  9. Select network adapter with ipv4 config info
  10. Select "Install Licensing"

I didn't try all the other possible iterations between these steps.

Anyways, it worked and I hope this helps others.

Thanks for the solid advice @MartinHanak