cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo 4.0 University Student Edition Premium order/install issues

RB_9784408
2-Guest

Creo 4.0 University Student Edition Premium order/install issues

I purchased a student version of Creo on -1-17-21 order #103046868113. The order confirmation says I ordered Creo 4.0 University Student Edition Premium - One Year Term License. I down loaded it and it installed as Creo 7.0.2.0 and give an error message of License failed, License file does not support this version. I can only install what you gave me 7.0.2.0 with a license for 4.0. I have made Two phone calls and this is second attempt to log a case. Today is 1-20-21. Need someone to call me at 713.992.1348
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@RB_9784408 wrote:
I purchased a student version of Creo on -1-17-21 order #103046868113. The order confirmation says I ordered Creo 4.0 University Student Edition Premium - One Year Term License. I down loaded it and it installed as Creo 7.0.2.0 and give an error message of License failed, License file does not support this version. I can only install what you gave me 7.0.2.0 with a license for 4.0. I have made Two phone calls and this is second attempt to log a case. Today is 1-20-21. Need someone to call me at 713.992.1348

Hi,

you ordered Creo 4.0 University Student Edition Premium license. Therefore you can install and start Creo Parametric 4.0. The license does not enable you to use higher version.

You can download Creo 4.0 installation media using https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academicFree.jsp link.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@RB_9784408 wrote:

Hi,

you ordered Creo 4.0 University Student Edition Premium license. Therefore you can install and start Creo Parametric 4.0. The license does not enable you to use higher version.

You can download Creo 4.0 installation media using https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academicFree.jsp link.

Martin Hanák

Thank you for your quick response and solution. I don’t like have unused software on my laptop and the 7.0.20 came with Creo Parametric, Creo distributed batch, Creo modelcheck and Creo layout all 7.0 versions, would like to uninstall all unusable items. What is best way to uninstall them?

@RB_9784408 wrote:
Thank you for your quick response and solution. I don’t like have unused software on my laptop and the 7.0.20 came with Creo Parametric, Creo distributed batch, Creo modelcheck and Creo layout all 7.0 versions, would like to uninstall all unusable items. What is best way to uninstall them?

Hi,

open File Explorer and put Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features into address bar. Then uninstall unwanted items.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags