cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo 4.0 install site licence

SimonHooker
8-Gravel

Creo 4.0 install site licence

I’ve installed Creo 4.0 on my own machine not opting for the schools install as I prefer to use the full menus not the schools tab option. My IT tech has instlled a trial on my machine and the school tab was on the ribbon. I’ve asked him to reinstall the standard version without schools tab on ribbons he said he’s reinstalled he believes the premium lab version And the schools tab is not on the software but when he adds the floating licence it reappears.
So is the schools layout linked to the licence file and if so how can I remove this option so I get the standard layout allowing students to see all the options when sketching etc.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Simon,

Running the Configure_for_schools.bat puts the non-standard schools toolbar on.  Use configure.bat and choose option 4 for UK.  Make sure you have write permissions to the PTC install folders before running the bat file.  

If you've put the schools menu on, it can be removed by deleting this file: 
C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M010\Common Files\text\creo_ parametric_admin_customization.ui

Paul Marsh, a teacher at Alleyne's in Stone was asking if anyone knew you. No idea why, do you want me to put you in touch?

Keep up the great work. 🙂

Tim

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Update. Just a thought but would runing the schools edition batch file add the schools tab to the ribbon. As I always run the standard batch file.

Hi Simon,

Running the Configure_for_schools.bat puts the non-standard schools toolbar on.  Use configure.bat and choose option 4 for UK.  Make sure you have write permissions to the PTC install folders before running the bat file.  

If you've put the schools menu on, it can be removed by deleting this file: 
C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M010\Common Files\text\creo_ parametric_admin_customization.ui

Paul Marsh, a teacher at Alleyne's in Stone was asking if anyone knew you. No idea why, do you want me to put you in touch?

Keep up the great work. 🙂

Tim

Feel free to put in touch ive no idea who he is. Only person i know from Allyenens is Craig if hes still there.

Just havuing a look at the VR stuff as he have head sets in school. looks like ti was the wrong batch file entered cheers.

Simon,

I forgot to mention, have you tried the Augmented Reality option in Creo 4.0.  It's amazing!  Dead easy to do and more stable than all the AR viewers I've tried. 🙂

Here's a quick intro on Youtube by our good friends at Root Solutions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t6LwBpanmo 

Tim

Hi,

Is AR part of a standard Creo 4.0 license? I have a Creo 4.0 (M050) standard company license and i am trying to explore AR tool. I am unable to publish the model to the server as my credentials are not being accepted.

Top Tags