cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo 4.0 student licence does not work with other internet

powerbike2
4-Participant

Creo 4.0 student licence does not work with other internet

Hello!

I have quite an interesting problem: As Creo 3.0 (Student version) stopped working today on my desktop and notebook although everything worked properly yesterday I decided to install Creo 4.0 (Student version) instead. At the licencing-part I started to struggle. I used the licence provided in the pdf and it said "unvalid file or format" but then i tryed it with the internet provided by my mobile phone and it worked and Creo started. But now as I changed back to my normal internet I get the error "Invalid host" when starting Creo 4.0. Does anybody know what is wrong here or what I can do? 

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

connect to internet using your mobile phone, again. License file sent to C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory contains information related to your mobile phone Internet connection.

Martin Hanák
powerbike2
4-Participant
(To:powerbike2)

I have already solved the problem. It looks like Creo was confused with the old licence files in the folder. After deleting them and a reinstall it worked.

Top Tags