cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo 4 M060 stops responding

matschi
3-Visitor

Creo 4 M060 stops responding

We recently updated from Creo 3 to 4. While Creo 3 worked like a charm (and still does), Creo 4 started acting up after a couple of days and it now becomes unresponsive after just a few modeling steps. That's the same issue on Windows 7 and 10 workstations, the driver for the graphic adapter are up-to-date (NVIDIA Quadro). All config options were deactivated. Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks,

Matthias

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

to test whether the problem is related to graphic card drivers, please add following option to config.pro file

graphics  win32_gdi

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I checked this already. It's definitely not the graphic card driver.

Any other idea? Did anything change between Creo 3 and 4 how it deals with firewalls? What I mean is- is there an ongoing communication between the license server and local machines?

Thanks,

Matthias

Hi,

Any other idea? ... try different Mxxx. Our customers use Creo 4.0 M040. I skipped M050 and M060.

Martin Hanák

Well... I tried M040 initially with the same result. I'm entirely baffled by this, Creo 3 M150 runs like a charm.

Hi,

another try ...

1.) create new empty directory with full access for your user account

2.) add following line at the end of parametric.psf file in Creo 4.0 installation

ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=YourEmptyDirectory

Guess: Maybe some config option causes the problem...

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

just tried this. Creo created the folders .settings, .ssappd and .ssrd after starting. So that appears to be working. But it still freezes on me, interestingly enough even faster than before. It appears that the number of steps until Creo stops responding is decreasing after every new program start.

Btw- I initially suspected config options, which is why I disabled the config.pro entirely.

Another thought- our company uses a customized version of Michal Trojnara's stunnel software- supposedly for TLS encryption, but Lord only knows what else it does. The floating Creo licenses are stored on AWS, could there be any communication issues?

Thanks again,

Matthias

Hi,

if you want to eliminate a communication problem, you can borrow Creo license ... this means to start Creo using parametric_borrow.bat

Unfortunatelly license borrowing has its own rules and your environment must be prepared for using it.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags