cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo 4 license came with Creo 5 student edition

NuclearPotato
2-Guest

Creo 4 license came with Creo 5 student edition

Hello, I'm a university student and I installed Creo 5.0 for students, after opening there was an error message saying license file not supported for this version. Creo exits after I close the error message. I opened the license file in txt and it appears to be a Creo 4.0 license for K12. Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

did you enter Product code BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12 during installation ?

Did you follow instructions mentioned in http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo5_schools_standard.pdf document ?

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

did you enter Product code BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12 during installation ?

Did you follow instructions mentioned in http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo5_schools_standard.pdf document ?

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I face the same issue few minutes ago. Indeed I used BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12 when installing but when I tried to open Creo Parametric it says "licence request failed for feature" (see attached)creo.JPG

Hi,

please enlarge error message window to see the complete information and post it again.

Martin Hanák

creo.JPG

Hi,

Error message tells us that Creo startup command is configured to use

C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat file.

It looks like you used Creo 4.0 before you installed Cro 5.0.

Go to C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory and look for BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat file.

If it is not present then I suggest you to:

• remove all files from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory
  • uninstall all Creo 5.0 items
  • install Creo 5.0 from scratch using Product code BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12

If it is present then I suggest you to:

• open BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat file in Notepad
  • locate INCREMENT CREOPMA_??? line to get current license name
  • go to CREO_LOADPOINT\Parametric\bin directory
  • open parametric.psf file in Notepad
  • replace CREOPMA_SchoolSTD4 text with current license name
  • replace C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat path with C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat
  • save parametric.psf file
  • launch Creo

Martin Hanák

thx, now it works out

I had to uninstall and install again with BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12

i recently installed creo 5.0 before that i used creo 3.0

i am unable to open the downloaded files in creo 5.0 student

showing that those files are made in commercial version and not compatible to open

Hi,

in Student version it is vorbidden to open files created using Commercial license. Maybe you have access to Academic version in university lab ... this version is able to open "commercial" files and save them into format readable in Student version.

Martin Hanák

while opening creo 5.0 it is showing that license request failed for feature and license file does not support this version please help me go through itScreenshot (1).png

Top Tags