cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo 5.0 Student License

Gregchop
3-Visitor

Creo 5.0 Student License

I followed the directions for install and license, however when I try to launch any of the Creo Application they return a license error, even though the license is located correctly. I would note that Creo Direct on launch just terminates without message where the other 4 applications return a license error, when I select OK the application(s) close

25 REPLIES 25

Seems you dont have a student license for 5.0 is that correct ?

Hi, I have the same problem: I have both installed Creo 5.0 following the instructions provided from PTC and gone through the configuration process described by PTC in the "School Configuration Guide", although when I run the program it shows me a message that says: "License request failed for feature". I'm not an expert of computers and I have no clou what that means, if you know what the problem is could you please tell me and maybe suggest me what I can do to solve it?

Thank you

I have the same license error. Has anyone found a solution?

Hi,

if you want to install Creo Parametric 5.0, then:

1.] remove all files from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory (move them into other directory)

2.] install Creo Parametric 5.0 and use Product code BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12 to get Student license.

Martin Hanák

Thanks for providing solution. Awesome it worked...!!!!

Didn't work for me unfortunately

This license key did not work for me. Do you have any other solutions or keys?

Hi,

did you follow procedures described in following documents ?

https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo5_unistudent_standard.pdf
http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo5_schools_standard.pdf

What error message did you get ?

Martin Hanák

I spent three days emailing an advisor and with a specific code generated just for me and about 20 installations later with different licenses and my firewall off, I finally got the student version to work. (There was a conflict with a previous version of the software).

My project is due in two weeks and the student version is so limited that I can't use the features I need anyway. The student version files aren't backwards compatable, so version 5 files at home cannot be loaded on version 3 at university (not useful).

However, to everyone who helped me. I thank you all, this issue is resolved.

If you have any questions get in touch with Martin Hanak, hopefully he can help.

Good Luck

So, to update this thread. Currently doing my dissertation, need the use of CREO at home and my computer updated a few days ago. CREO has decided it too will need updating... I'm now back to where I was 2years ago. The software has been improved to the latest version, however, I now can't use it at home for my dissertation because the license once again won't work. I also can't use it at Uni because of the coronavirus which isn't helpful. So uninstalled and re-installed it several times. Get a "success" with regards to my student license, however, once I load the software it tells my license isn't suitable and closes. Any help would be more than welcome.

@MartinHanak

@gwilso210 wrote:

So, to update this thread. Currently doing my dissertation, need the use of CREO at home and my computer updated a few days ago. CREO has decided it too will need updating... I'm now back to where I was 2years ago. The software has been improved to the latest version, however, I now can't use it at home for my dissertation because the license once again won't work. I also can't use it at Uni because of the coronavirus which isn't helpful. So uninstalled and re-installed it several times. Get a "success" with regards to my student license, however, once I load the software it tells my license isn't suitable and closes. Any help would be more than welcome.

@MartinHanak

Hi,

I can help you if you provide exact detailed information.

1.] What Creo version do you want to use ?

2.] Upload files located in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory

3.] Publish error message displayed after starting Creo.

Martin Hanák

Spent an hour or two uninstalling, reinstalling and requesting new licenses finally got it to work, thanks and I appreciate the support.

VishalY
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

1.version 5.0.4.0

3.: "License request failed for feature".

Invalid feature name:[Featwre_Name]

2.file notgeting upload i dont know why

But it's name is -

BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12_license

And the file is empty if i open it.

Even i tried with id

With both id ,while setup process in license identification---->license summary the status of these license file source shows Invalid file or format

@VishalY wrote:

1.version 5.0.4.0

3.: "License request failed for feature".

Invalid feature name:[Featwre_Name]

2.file notgeting upload i dont know why

But it's name is -

And the file is empty if i open it.

Even i tried with id

With both id ,while setup process in license identification---->license summary the status of these license file source shows Invalid file or format

Hi,

1.]

Before you start Creo installation, you have to empty C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory

Please read http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo5_schools_standard.pdf document.

2.] 

If license file is empty, then the license generator has trouble detecting the appropriate network card (I guess).

Open Command prompt window, run ipconfig /all > ip.txt command, zip ip.txt file and upload ip.zip file. I can check its contents.

Martin Hanák

Also please upload std.out file created in Creo startup directory.

Martin Hanák

thank you boss

yes

Dear sir

We need of creo 5.0 student license. which we are preparation of design so please provide dear Sir/Mam student license

@abhishek2 wrote:

Dear sir

We need of creo 5.0 student license. which we are preparation of design so please provide dear Sir/Mam student license

Hi,

download 4 GB zip from https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academicFree.jsp page (you have to create PTC account).

Read following documents carefully

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo5_schools_standard.pdf 

https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo5_unistudent_standard.pdf 

Martin Hanák

yes

Please submit your request in "Academic Support Request" form: Academic Case Logger

v-k-s
1-Newbie
(To:Gregchop)

just do this 

1) uninstall creo parametric 5.0 (only) and 

2) remove licencing files permanently from your machine , from recycle bin also 

2) go to setup again and start installing 

3) in licencing use code:- BK500806ED0790-Y3M9-4RW5 

4) enter your ID and password and click install 

restart your machine 

good to go 

let me this worked for u or not 

Worked for me, thank you for the help!

licence has changed for creo 5.0. Use "BK500806ED0790-Y3M9-4RW5" and follow same process from starting. It will work.

Top Tags