cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo 5.0 Student Version

nm8ty1
2-Guest

Creo 5.0 Student Version

When will Creo 5.0 for students be available? Is there any timeline for its release?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We are working on releasing it. I'd say that in a few days all will be there.

Thanks,

Alex

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

We are working on releasing it. I'd say that in a few days all will be there.

Thanks,

Alex

Hy!

Any new information about 5.0 student release? 🙂

Does it contain Creo Schematics?

Hello,

None of the student editions have Schematics included. Schematics is only available in the University Plus Campus Pack, that the University can purchase.

Thanks,

Alex

Thank you very much Alex for all your help so far.

Does the free student version of Creo 5.0 come with Simulate tool (thermal, stress loading, etc.)? In both Creo Parametric nor Creo Simulate it said I did not have the product license for Simulate and to contact the company, but I just wanted to make sure perhaps I didn't miss something.

Hi,

Any updates on 5.0? The version is downloadable from the academic download website, but the license is invalid.

hy

where did u download it? THis page talks about 4.0 only:

https://www.ptc.com/en/academic-program/products/free-software/creo-college-download

After you submit your info you're directed to this webpage: http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo4_schools_standard.pdf#_ga=2.106718859.902778436.1530228524-1673027366.1506580597

Than, that webpage links to this download page: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academicFree.jsp

You can see 5.0 here. However, 5.0 downloaded from there doesn't launch. It gives a license error.

Hi guys,

Creo 5.0 is ready and all the content should be online by the end of this week.

I did publish the software installation kit, but the web team will publish today the installation guides.

We are going to have the same editions as on Creo 4.0, but the generic codes are changed.

If you already downloaded it here is the product code to activate

Creo 5.0 Student edition: BK500806ED0790-Y3M9-4RW5

Creo 5.0 Schools edition: BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12

Enjoy Creo 5.0!

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Can you also post the activation key for Creo 4.0 Student Edition? The .pdf I referenced above only has the key for K12 edition. Thanks.

Hi Alex,

I found the install guide for the schools edition in another thread, but where is the installation guide for the standard student edition? Ok, it's just another product code you've posted, but it would be nice to have a document I can send to my students.

Greetings

Stephan

Hello,

The instruction for Creo 5.0 Student Standard is this one:

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo5_unistudent_standard.pdf

I would thaw advise you to ask your students to install the school edition for now, as we have some issues with the drawings format in the Student Standard edition, that are in the wrong format - we are working on correcting them in the next releases (functionality of the schools standard is the same as the student edition at this point).

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks for your advise. My students will use some drawing formats I've prepared for them and I hope they will work. But nice to know, that the Schools Edition will also work.

Thanks,

Stephan

As an Instructor, how do I get a product code?  Thanks.

license expired

Hello,

Please use this guide to relicense your Creo 5.0 Student edition.

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/relicense_creo5_unistudent_standard.pdf

Thanks,

Alex

THIS. When you download Creo 5.0 education edition, the license you get sent is for Creo 4.0 and will not work with 5.0.

Is PTC going to fix this?

JayS1
4-Participant
(To:nm8ty1)

I recently purchased Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 Student Edition (formerly Pro Engineer) from a vendor and have not been able to install the software after repeated attempts.  Progress bar gets stuck at 1%.  Can anyone help?

Alex_Cazacu
17-Peridot
(To:JayS1)

Hello,

Sadly, as ProEngineer is a really old version of our software, it has been retired a while ago, so it is no longer supported by PTC. All I can tell you is to contact the vendor that sold it to you (per my knowledge none of our vendors sells any longer ProE).

Thanks,

Alex

JayS1
4-Participant
(To:Alex_Cazacu)

Alex,

Is there anything that can be done?  Clearly they sold me the wrong software.  I have contacted them and they keep telling me to go to PTC.  Name of the vendor is JourneyEd.com

Thanks,

JayS1
4-Participant

Alex,

Can PTC provide any help?  I have the receipt, the activation code they provided to me.  Clearly they sold me something that doesn’t work.  When I contacted them, they told me to contact PTC.  The name of the vendor is JourneyEd.com.  I have bought software from them before without any issues.

Thanks.

Alex_Cazacu
17-Peridot

Hi Jay,

Can you please send me the receipt and product code you got from them? Please use my email (I send it to you in a private message).

I'll have to look over them and see how I can help.

Thanks,
Alex

JayS1
4-Participant

Alex,

I forwarded the receipt and activation key to you several days ago but never heard back.  Would you look into it please.

Thanks.

Alex_Cazacu
17-Peridot

Hi Jay,

I answered it on 7.09, first day I got back to the office from PTO.

I will resend it to you.

Thanks,

Alex

Top Tags