cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo 6.0.2.0 license issue. No previous version installed.

gonzocl
4-Participant

Creo 6.0.2.0 license issue. No previous version installed.

I installed Creo 6.0.2.0.  I keep getting this error message and shuts off when I click OK.  There was never an older version of Creo installed in this computer.

Thanks

gonzocl_0-1595860106153.png

18 REPLIES 18

@gonzocl wrote:

I installed Creo 6.0.2.0.  I keep getting this error message and shuts off when I click OK.  There was never an older version of Creo installed in this computer.

Thanks

gonzocl_0-1595860106153.png

Hi,

did you follow procedure described in https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo6_schools_standard.pdf -OR- https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo6_unistudent_standard.pdf ?

What Product code did you enter during installation ?

Martin Hanák

I am also following this as have same problem, followed the pages to the letter but the licence I was sent says creo parametric 5.0 how do I get version 6.0? 

@Garyawallace wrote:

I am also following this as have same problem, followed the pages to the letter but the licence I was sent says creo parametric 5.0 how do I get version 6.0? 

Hi,

I am sorry I do not have any "magical" advice.

During Creo installation you have to follow 2 basic rules:

• hidden directory C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing must be empty
  • one of following Product codes must be used

K-12 students can use Product code BE600908EDSTUDENTEDK12
               University students can use Product code BK600908EDSTUDENTEDUNI

Martin Hanák

Thanks is this same code to use as an educator as am not a student?

@Garyawallace wrote:

Thanks is this same code to use as an educator as am not a student?

Hi,

I am sorry I can't answer your question. If you have your personal educator product code for Creo 5.0, then you can send email to Abdul Abdulkarim akarim@ptc.com and ask him how to get personal educator product code for Creo 6.0.

Martin Hanák

Hello,

If you are a K12 Educator, you can also request Premium Creo (see the link below). In case Schools edition is enough for your needs,feel free to use the Standard.

https://www.ptc.com/en/academic-program/academic-products/free-software/k12-educator

Thanks,

Alex

tried everything and when setting up via setup as an administrator then the install window opens and loads in everything until the finish button comes on, there is no request for licence or any icons to open up anything at all.

That means that the license exists on the computer... So what is the issue?

Thanks,

Alex

all ok now
gonzocl
4-Participant
(To:Alex_Cazacu)

That is my question. If it is installed in this computer for the first time and there is a license, why is it giving me an error message?

I now have it installed and all ok with no error message on starting up Creo, is there something else I am missing here?

Hello,

What is the error message stating? Please expand the window and tell me what it is the full message so I can understand what is wrong.

Thanks,

Alex

there is no error message and Creo working fine now
gonzocl
4-Participant

[cid:f46066b2-38bf-406a-b9e7-f6ee9138b022]

When I click OK it shuts down

Can you expand the message window so I can read all the text and post here a picture?

gonzocl
4-Participant

gonzocl_0-1600410625827.png

Hello,

The license you installed is for Creo 5.0 and not for Creo 6.0.

You need to run setup.exe and use the correct product code for Creo 6.0:

BE600908EDSTUDENTEDK12

Thanks,

Alex

gonzocl
4-Participant

I think I will try to delete all the files and reinstall it.

Top Tags