cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo 6.0 student edition came with license key for creo 5.0

MatthiasP
3-Visitor

Creo 6.0 student edition came with license key for creo 5.0

Hello, I'm a university student and I installed Creo 6.0 for students, after opening there was an error message saying license file not supported for this version. Creo Closes exits after I close the error message. I opened the license file in txt and it appears to be a Creo 5.0 license. Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I followed the steps from the pdf thoroughly, but it still doesn't work. I've made a screenshot of the error window.

Kind regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@MatthiasP wrote:

Hello, I'm a university student and I installed Creo 6.0 for students, after opening there was an error message saying license file not supported for this version. Creo Closes exits after I close the error message. I opened the license file in txt and it appears to be a Creo 5.0 license. Please help

Hi,

valid Product codes for Creo 6.0 follow ...

K-12 students can use Product code BE600908EDSTUDENTEDK12
University students can use Product code BK600908EDSTUDENTEDUNI

Also read carefully:

https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo6_schools_standard.pdf 

or

https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo6_unistudent_standard.pdf 

Martin Hanák

I followed the steps from the pdf thoroughly, but it still doesn't work. I've made a screenshot of the error window.

Kind regards

Hi  MatthiasP,

It seems to me that the Creo was licensed with an older version product code.

Solution is simple:

Run setup.exe of Creo 6.0 (from the unzipped folder) and choose Reconfigure existing software.

Use the Product code provided above for the version you need and finish the reconfiguration.

This will fix it.

Thanks,

Alex

@MatthiasP wrote:

Kind regards

Hi,

unfortunatelly PTC installer is not very smart ...

The procedure mentioned in pdf file works well in situation when no Creo is installed and C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory is empty.

If Creo 5.0 is installed and you want to install Creo 6.0, too ... then you have to:

• move Creo 5.0 license file from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory in another directory temporarily
  • install Creo 6.0 using Creo 6.0 Product code
  • move Creo 5.0 license file back to C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory

If you follow these absurd play, then you can use Creo 5.0 and also Creo 6.0.

Martin Hanák

Tank you both very much, it works now.
Kind regards

Top Tags