cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo 7.0.0.0 student version error "License request failed for feature"

ToonBorghijs
4-Participant

Creo 7.0.0.0 student version error "License request failed for feature"

Hello,

I am trying to install creo 7.0 for students. After installing i tried to open creo parametric but recieved this error:

ToonBorghijs_0-1606487472329.png

There is not a lot of information about what is wrong with the license.

I used this link for download:

https://www.ptc.com/en/academic-program/academic-products/free-software/creo-college-download/thank-you

Here I could open a .pdf and found this license code: BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI

Then i used this in the installer and it created a license (name : BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI_license.dat)

This file is uploaded with the post.

Since this didn't work I also tried to use a license that was send to me by email.

(name sw_license_email_4990554.dat)

Both don't work. Then i have also tried to recieve a license via k12 students with similar results.

In the installer the codes are available but they don't work for creo parametric.

Can somebody please help?

ToonBorghijs_1-1606488423932.pngToonBorghijs_2-1606488482430.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ToonBorghijs wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to install creo 7.0 for students. After installing i tried to open creo parametric but recieved this error:

https://www.ptc.com/en/academic-program/academic-products/free-software/creo-college-download/thank-you

Then i used this in the installer and it created a license (name : BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI_license.dat)

Since this didn't work I also tried to use a license that was send to me by email.

Both don't work. Then i have also tried to recieve a license via k12 students with similar results.

In the installer the codes are available but they don't work for creo parametric.

Hi,

1.]

In Windows look for active network card associated with MAC address 5C-87-9C-A4-46-D8.

2.]

Edit <Creo_loadpoint>\Parametric\bin\parametric.psf file - replace 2 original files with two following lines.

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI_license.txt
ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_Student6 ()

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@ToonBorghijs wrote:

Hello,

Hi,

1.]

In Windows look for active network card associated with MAC address 5C-87-9C-A4-46-D8.

2.]

Edit <Creo_loadpoint>\Parametric\bin\parametric.psf file - replace 2 original files with two following lines.

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI_license.txt
ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_Student6 ()

Martin Hanák

please make it more clearer and in a simple way, I want to follow your procedure but couldn't understand , what do you want to say?

It's been almost 3 months so I hope you're not struggling with this but I just had the exact same error and was finally able to get it fixed. Here's what I did:

1. Go to ...ProgramFiles\PTC\Creo 7.0.2.0\Parametric\bin

2. Copy the file "parametric.psf" (PTC Startup File)

3. Paste this file to your Desktop

4. Open this file with Notepad

5. CTRL+F and search for the line "ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE", this is the license file CREO is looking for. For me it was the wrong one and it appears it is for you too.

6. Replace the file name with the correct file (for me modifying BK600... to BK700...)

7. Drag this file back into the ...ProgramFiles\PTC\Creo 7.0.2.0\Parametric\bin folder. 

8. Click "Continue" to perform this action as an administrator

9. Run CREO, it should work now.

NOTE: You're going to have to edit the file in your desktop or somewhere other than the bin folder and drag it back in after your edit. It will not give you permission to edit it in the bin folder.

LS_9840919
4-Participant
(To:TR_9602042)

Hello,

I followed you steps (which are very easy to follow, thank you!) but I'm still running into an error. Could I possibly zoom call you and screen share?

I spent 2 1/2 hours trying to figure out what was wrong, it turned out I installed Creo v7 but the instructions I was given gave a code for creo v6. I reran the creo setup tool, gave a licensing code with a 7 in it instead of a 6, and then went into parametric like you said and changed that as well and it works now. Thank you for helping me realize where I made my mistake.

I'm having the same issue. Has anyone figured out a solution?

make sure you are using the correct code for the version of creo you are trying to install. If you are following a creo v6 instruction pdf while trying to set up creo v7, you will get the same error.

Top Tags