cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo Compatibility Query

rdevine
1-Newbie

Creo Compatibility Query

Hi

I have recently started using Creo Parametric 2.0 as part of my University Coursework and I have a question about how I can install it on my personal computer to be able to work on my coursework at home.

My current computer is a MacBook Pro and I am aware that Creo is not compatible with OS X so I have been investigating running windows via boot camp. My issue is that I am not sure whether Creo would run on Windows if I were to purchase it and install it. The only version of windows that Microsoft still sells is Windows 10 and from what I can see there is a bit of ambiguity as to whether Creo will run on it. Looking through the different PTC webpages, I have came across some pages that states that Creo is compatible with Windows 10, and others that say it isn't.

This page lists Vista-Windows 8.1 as being compatible: PTC Creo College/University Download | PTC

This page lists Windows 7-Windows 8.1 as being compatible: http://www.ptc.com/~/media/Files/PDFs/CAD/ptc-creo-hardware-notes.ashx?la=en

This page lists Windows XP, Windows 7-Windows 10 as being compatible: http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/135225/en/creo2_hw_notes.pdf

This page lists Windows 7- Windows 10 as being compatible: http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/161492/en/creo3_hw_notes.pdf

Since a Windows 10 Pro 64bit license is quite expensive, I would like to know whether or not Creo will work or not before I buy it.

Any help on this would be really appreciated!

On a side note, with the academic download of Creo, is it version 2.0 or 3.0?

Many thanks

Ryan Devine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ryan,

Yes, Creo is supported on Windows 10, depending on which version you're planning on using. We have both Creo 2.0 and 3.0 available for academic users, so really the choice is yours. For your case, I would recommend sticking with Creo 2.0 as that's what you're using at school. Be aware that Creo isn't backwards compatible, so if you create or save a part in Creo 3.0, you won't be able to open it in Creo 2.0.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks,
Chris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Ryan,

Yes, Creo is supported on Windows 10, depending on which version you're planning on using. We have both Creo 2.0 and 3.0 available for academic users, so really the choice is yours. For your case, I would recommend sticking with Creo 2.0 as that's what you're using at school. Be aware that Creo isn't backwards compatible, so if you create or save a part in Creo 3.0, you won't be able to open it in Creo 2.0.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help! Based on the documents I'm presuming that it's Windows 10 64-Bit Pro is the version that Creo is compatible with?

Cheers,

Ryan

Ryan,

There's a version for both 32 and 64 bit. Whichever one works better for you.

Chris

Top Tags