cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 Schools Edition corrupted download.

UNMMEstudent
1-Newbie

Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 Schools Edition corrupted download.

Hi all,

I'm a student at The University of New Mexico that's currently taking an engineering course under the instruction of Robert Greenlee. We were instructed to to create a PTC account and download Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 Schools Edition (formerly Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0), for free, from the main PTC website via this link:

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/Creo_ElementsPro_Schools_DVD.zip

The file download completes, but everytime I try to open the file it is corrupted. Windows explorer also states that the file is only 2.0 GB in size when it is clearly supposed to be 3.6 GB (file size listed on download page).

What is going wrong here? Is the file on PTC's servers corrupted or is this an issue on my end?

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit Professional and have attempted downloading the file through Chrome and Internet Explorer.

2 REPLIES 2

Jacob,

The file on the PTC server is fine, I just downloaded it yesterday. Because of the large size, I might suggest you use a download manager such as Free Download Manager, this way you can stop and restart the download if necessary. I use it every time I need to download something big.

I hope this helps. If you have further issues, please email -

Thanks,

Adam

Ok,

Thanks for the info. I'm trying the download with FDM. We'll see how it goes.

Top Tags