cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo Elements/Pro Student stopped at 2% during installation. Problem?

Highlighted

Creo Elements/Pro Student stopped at 2% during installation. Problem?

Bought a copy of the student edition of Creo Elements/Pro Student Edition yesterday and cannot get past 2%. I have emailed - and had no reply. Is there a link to the full dvd rip?

I needed this up and running yesterday and am already wasting another day trying to get it to work. Please help.

43 REPLIES 43

Re: Creo Elements/Pro Student stopped at 2% during installation. Problem?

I've had the exact same problem, and so far nothing has worked for me. I've wasted 2 days trying all of the things they suggest and nothing has worked for me.

The latest thing I'm trying with not much faith is downloading the full DVD image of the Schools Edition at this link:

http://www.ptc.com/go/softwareforfirst

I doubt it will help me with my Student's edition, but I'll give it a try. It's a huge 3.6Gb file.

I have already missed 2 assignments from my class with this problem.

I bought my downloadable student version as well on 12/01 through digitalRiver and have since then never advanced over 2%. I was able to download over the posted link the school version within 2 hours but it doesnt accept the student licence which I purchased. I didnt find yet a link to download the DVD image. Did you resolve the problem in the meantime?

If you purchased a Student Edition, the DVD media for this edition can be downloaded at http://apps.ptc.com/schools/WF5_Student_DVD.zip.

You do not want the Schools Edition as your Product Code will not work with it.

Because of the size of the DVD (3.7GB), I would suggest you use a download manager such as freedownloadmanager.org. It will enable you to start, stop and restart your download if you need to.

Thanks,

Adam

Thank you Adam! I was able to download the file within 2 hours and to install it successfully on my computer.

Im having a bit of a problem with the student edition too it won't install keeps asing me for proxy server when i start the install? how do I get around this ?

We are aware of the proxy error, it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Until then, please email to - the fallowing information:

- product code

- HOSTID (MAC address of your network card)

Thanks,

Vali

I have the exact same problem. I bought the product Dec 23, and now I can't install it

Per the post above, I hope it will be fixed as soon as possible, considering PTC has been aware of the problem now since at least 6 days ago....

You're better off downloading the CD image if possible. This has been a problem for at least 5 months that I'm aware of. The reply has always been its downloading a large CAB file and that's why it takes so long or antivirus or firewall or internet connection. For me that just doesn't make sense since downloading the CD image took less than 2 hours and downloading the 200MB web installer took less than 4 minutes for me. I don't know how packets translates into downloading data but when downloading the CD image there was a lot of internet activity and a large number of packets were transfered. After 4 hours initializing the install using the web installer there is almost no internet activity and the number of packets downloaded was about 2000. When downloading the 200MB installer file approximately 145632 packets were transfered in 4 minutes. Disabling antivirus and firewall made no difference. I've tried this several times and on different computers and always have the same problem. However, this seems to fall on deaf ears since they have tested it and it appears they have minimal or no problems.

Apologies for the problems you are having.

Here is a link to download the DVD image for Student Edition of Creo Element/Pro.

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/WF5_Student_DVD.zip

Thanks

Tim