cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo Elements/Pro on Macs?

JohnF
4-Participant

Creo Elements/Pro on Macs?

Hi All

I have had a request from a school that has dual boot Macs asking if it possible to run Creo Elements Pro on their machines.   The whole school policy is to use Macintosh machines but some have the Intel chipset which I beleive allows the machines to eiither dual boot or emulate a Windows machine.  If anyone has any information regarding this proposal please let me know

John E Forth

Lead Trainer Scotland

3 REPLIES 3

Hi John

I use an iMac at home to run ProE. Rather than use the dual boot option I use Parrallels software which allows you to run Windows software at the same time (http://www.parallels.com/uk/landingpage/dskd77/?source=g_uk&gclid=CMjKn9rr56sCFUJO4QodPFGiHg). I've experince no problems using ProE in this way. This obviously only works on Intel based Macs.

There is another piece of software which does the same called VMware fusion.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Paul Spencer

JohnF
4-Participant
(To:JohnF)

Thank you Paul just the information I was after,I have sent the info to the school in question

Regards JohnF

JamesCollin
4-Participant
(To:JohnF)

John,

I'm currently in the process of helping to install WF5 on a students MacBook under VMware with a Windows 7 virtual machine. I'll let you know how I get on.

Is it the same school I mentioned to you that were wanting to run Creo?

Regards

James C

Top Tags