cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo Parametric 4.0 M030 doesn't open

samirlicul
4-Participant

Creo Parametric 4.0 M030 doesn't open

Hi,

I recently successfully downloaded the most up to date student version of Creo 4.0 but I can not open the program. I previously had the 3.0 student version and never experienced any problems. Please let me know if there are any troubleshooting techniques I can attempt to figure out this issue.

Thank you

29 REPLIES 29

Hi,

So you installed Creo 4.0 M030 on your computer and it doesn't start, or you can't install it?

If you installed it and it doesn't run, most likely there is a graphic card issue. Check for updates for your graphic card and if that don't work, try this:

1. Right click Creo Parametric shortcut on your desktop and select properties;

2. In the target line, after "C:\Program Files\Creo 4.0\M030\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe" add this: -g:win32_gdi

This should fix it.

Thanks,

Alex

My graphics card is up-to-date. Also, when I attempted to add  -g:win32_gdi to the target, I was prompted a shortcut error. I am still unable to open the program.

Please try this:

1. Use Wordpad to open the file C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 4.0\M030\Common Files\text\config.pro.
  2. Add a new line of text with the following option: "graphics win32_gdi".
  3. Save the file and start Creo again.

Thanks,

Alex

spmiguel14
5-Regular Member
(To:Alex_Cazacu)

Hi, 

I'm having the same issue as samirlicul. Just installed Creo 4.0, but the program will not open. I've updated my graphics drivers and attempted to add the line in the Target and got an error as well. I used Wordpad to open the config.pro file, added the line, but had access denied when I tried saving the file. 

Thanks 

spmiguel14
5-Regular Member
(To:spmiguel14)

Hi,

Intel Core i5-2430m @ 2.40ghz is processor (CPU), not graphic card (GPU).

Martin Hanák

@spmiguel14 wrote:

Hi, 

I'm having the same issue as samirlicul. Just installed Creo 4.0, but the program will not open. I've updated my graphics drivers and attempted to add the line in the Target and got an error as well. I used Wordpad to open the config.pro file, added the line, but had access denied when I tried saving the file. 

Thanks 

Hi,

1.] please specify the error

2.] please specify your graphic card

3.] you can save modified config.pro into C:\Users\YourUserName directory (you need admin rights to save files into text subdirectory in Creo installation).

Martin Hanák
spmiguel14
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi,

1. The error was a shortcut error, but I got it to go away after adding a space between the added line and Target. I was still unable to open Creo 4.0 after this.

2. Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

3.  I was able to save modified config.pro into my directory. I am still unable to open Creo 4.0.

Thanks

Hi,

1.] Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 is not supported

2.] please upload config.pro, I would like to check its contents

3.] please upload parametric.psf located in Creo bin subdirectory, I would like to check its contents

4.] sometimes the problem is related to network card, please open Dos Prompt window, run ipconfig /all > ip.txt command and upload ip.txt file, I would like to check its contents

Martin Hanák
spmiguel14
5-Regular Member

Hi,

Since Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 is not supported, does this mean that I will not be able to run Creo 4.0 at all?

Thanks

@spmiguel14 wrote:

Hi,

Since Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 is not supported, does this mean that I will not be able to run Creo 4.0 at all?

Thanks

Hi,

I hope you will be able to run Creo 4.0, but probably without OPENGL graphics.

Martin Hanák
spmiguel14
5-Regular Member

Hi, 

I am unable to upload the parametric.psf file. I am prompted with an error, " The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type."

Thanks 

@spmiguel14 wrote:

Hi, 

I am unable to upload the parametric.psf file. I am prompted with an error, " The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type."

Thanks 

Hi,

put psf file into zip archive and upload zip file.

Martin Hanák
spmiguel14
5-Regular Member

Here is the .zip file.

Thanks

@spmiguel14 wrote:

Here is the .zip file.

Thanks

Hi,

parametric.psf file is correct. Please open C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK410705EDSTUDENTUNICL_license.dat file in Notepad and check if it contains block of lines starting with INCREMENT CREOPMA_Student3 containing version 35.0. Also check, whether PTC HOST-ID belong to active network card ... 54-04-A6-3B-67-2A

Martin Hanák
spmiguel14
5-Regular Member

I believe the .dat file does contain the block of lines starting with INCREMENT CREOPMA_Student3 containing version 35.0 and that PTC HOST-ID belong to active network card ... 54-04-A6-3B-67-2A.

Thanks 

@spmiguel14 wrote:

I believe the .dat file does contain the block of lines starting with INCREMENT CREOPMA_Student3 containing version 35.0 and that PTC HOST-ID belong to active network card ... 54-04-A6-3B-67-2A.

Thanks 

Hi,

unfortunately I did not find any problem in files (ip.txt, .dat) you uploaded.

1.] please upload config.pro, I would like to check its contents

2.] what operating system is installed on your PC ?

Martin Hanák

Last suggestion ... disable Intel(R) Centrino(R) WiMAX 6150 network card

Martin Hanák
spmiguel14
5-Regular Member

Hi, 

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium and have attached config.pro.

Thanks 

Hi,

I see no problem again ...

Maybe you can save your config.pro into text subdirectory. In my installation it is

E:\PTC\Creo4_M030\Creo 4.0\M030\Common Files\text directory.

Martin Hanák
spmiguel14
5-Regular Member

Hi,

My config.pro is currently in C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 4.0\M030\Common Files\text.

Thanks 

Hi,

I am sorry I have no other idea, how to solve your problem 😞

Martin Hanák
spmiguel14
5-Regular Member

Thank you very much for your help anyway. 

spmiguel14
5-Regular Member

Hi, 

I was looking through my setup.exe Properties and noticed under the Details tab, the Product version is 3.0, however, Creo 4.0 M030 is installed. I'm wondering if this is referring to the same type of version, and if so, causing a problem. I appreciate all of your help. 

Thanks

Hi,

this is version of installer. I can see same info.

Martin Hanák
spmiguel14
5-Regular Member

Hi,

Here is the ip.txt file. 

Thanks

@spmiguel14 wrote:

Hi,

Here is the ip.txt file. 

Thanks

Hi,

1.] I have Node Type: Hybrid on my PC, not Peer-Peer. But I do not know, if this can cause problems.

2.] Intel(R) Centrino(R) WiMAX 6150 is WiFi, not Ethernet adapter. It's strange.

3.] I have never met Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20) adapter. I suggest to turn of IPv6, if you do not need it.

Martin Hanák
spmiguel14
5-Regular Member

I disabled IPv6 for Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20) adapter.

Thanks

Hi,

what graphics card is installed in your PC ?

Martin Hanák
Top Tags