cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo Startup Issues

ptc-5285090
1-Newbie

Creo Startup Issues

Before I sent my laptop to the company for repairs, Creo Parametric 2.0 Student worked perfectly. When I got my laptop back one of the first things i did was re-run Creo Parametric, and It gave me a warning message saying that it was unable to use my licence or something. That is no longer an issue but the issue now is that it doesn't have "write access". I'll attach a picture.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-5285090)

Hi Paul,

Please see the post below regarding that specific error...

http://communities.ptc.com/thread/44529?tstart=0

Please let me know if you have any questions!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MarkCheli
6-Contributor

Hi Paul,

I'm not quite sure why this would appear after it's been working but you should be able to click on the folder button on the right and set the directory to any folder (i'd recommend public documents). This means that whenever there is a trail file that's generated it will default to that location.

Will Creo fail to launch if you just click cancel?

Hi Mark,

I've created a directory using a public folder. Creo then gives me an error messageCreo stuff 2.PNG

MarkCheli
6-Contributor

Hi Paul,

Please see the post below regarding that specific error...

http://communities.ptc.com/thread/44529?tstart=0

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Hello Mark,

Thank you for sending me this guide. The instructions said to email academic support if the first guide didn't work. Since the first set of instructions did not work, I am going to send my file to support. My question is, should I send you the file directly? or should I send it to the support email provided? Thanks!

MarkCheli
6-Contributor

Hi Paul,

They're one in the same . Send it to - and I will help you from there.

Thanks!

Thanks alot! I've sent the email! Thanks for all the help!

Top Tags