cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo agent fails to initialize

vu18292
6-Contributor

Creo agent fails to initialize

I'm prompted with "creo agent failed to initialize correctly" on every startup. I can't use windchill or the embeded browser. This only happens in creo 4.0, creo 3.0 works fine. I've tried reinstalling. Any suggestions?
9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

uninstall PTC Creo 4 Platform Services item ... and reinstall it using creosvcs_64.exe available in Creo 4.0 installatin package in install\addon sub-directory.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I have the same issue. I tried uninstall and install again but the issue is the same. I saw that "Agent" folder is not created in the installation. This issue happen on Creo 4.0 M040.

Application Engineer
dbower-3
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

I have the same issue.  "uninstalling PTC Creo 4 Platform Services item ... and reinstalling"  did not work.

Any other suggestions?

cloni
10-Marble
(To:dbower-3)

Same. I'll join the queue too. Any solutions?

cloni
10-Marble
(To:vu18292)

found the solution?

cloni
10-Marble
(To:cloni)

I got this corrected with help from PTC. There are number of reasons that could cause creo agent to fail. Main reasons being anti-virus not upto date, Windows patches, non-compatible IE. Try fixing this all, uninstall all creo related software comes with the package and reinstall it again. It should work.

fafa
5-Regular Member
(To:vu18292)

I get the same problem.

Did you resolve it ? 

Thanks ^^

cloni
10-Marble
(To:fafa)

Yes. I got this corrected with help from PTC. There are number of reasons that could cause creo agent to fail. Main reasons being anti-virus not upto date, Windows patches, non-compatible IE. Try fixing this all, uninstall all creo related software comes with the package and reinstall it again. It should work.

rundmc
4-Participant
(To:cloni)

Did you re-download it or just uninstall it?

Top Tags