cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Customer ID and Sales Order Number not Matching !

MC_9655785
3-Visitor

Customer ID and Sales Order Number not Matching !

Hello, i am having issue with my customer id and sales order number. When i try to open an account on PTC.com it says that they dont match. I have recieved an email with the Customer ID and Sales Order Number from the software shop asknet which is associated with my University Duisburg Essen, nevertheless it says that dont match. I have tried contacting asknet and my university and ptc multiple times, both via email and over telephone, no one has been able to provide with a solution. Is there a student or anyone who have faced similar problem of the Customer ID and Sales Order number not matching. Please Help. Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

You need to type: {serverName}@portNo in the license summary field. It will look like this: ServerEM@7788

This will only work if you are in the University network or connected using VPN.

Thanks,

Alex

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@MC_9655785 wrote:
Hello, i am having issue with my customer id and sales order number. When i try to open an account on PTC.com it says that they dont match. I have recieved an email with the Customer ID and Sales Order Number from the software shop asknet which is associated with my University Duisburg Essen, nevertheless it says that dont match. I have tried contacting asknet and my university and ptc multiple times, both via email and over telephone, no one has been able to provide with a solution. Is there a student or anyone who have faced similar problem of the Customer ID and Sales Order number not matching. Please Help. Thanks in advance.

INFO:

Customer using commercial licenses do not need Sales Order Number if he wants to create user account at PTC. He can also enter Service Contract Number -or- Site Number. This information is available in license file. See below:

# PTC License Pack
# IMPORTANT SOFTWARE LICENSING INFORMATION
# Retain this for your records.

#Customer : <customer name>
#Site : <customer site>
# :
# :
# :
# :
# :

# :, .

#Contact :
#Email :

#Customer Number : <customer number>
#Install Site No : <site number>

#**************************************** Summary Table *******************************************************
# PTC Host ID 00-11-22-33-44-55
#FeatureName Qty Product Release Type Expiration Contract
#**************************************************************************************************************

Contract Number is alphanumeric string located in Contract column

Look into your license file, maybe you will find the above mentioned information.

Martin Hanák

Hello,

I have recieved a server address and a port number. The instruction was that after installation i have to write in the licence address and the port number. Now after installing Creo 7.0 i dont see a specific part in the installation window where i can input those two data.

The following screeshot are the window i see for Licence set up. I did not recieve a Host ID from my University, just the server address and the port number.

@MC_9655785 wrote:

Hello,

I have recieved a server address and a port number. The instruction was that after installation i have to write in the licence address and the port number. Now after installing Creo 7.0 i dont see a specific part in the installation window where i can input those two data.

The following screeshot are the window i see for Licence set up. I did not recieve a Host ID from my University, just the server address and the port number.

Hi,

I am little bit confused. Therefore I do not understand what do you need to know.

In original discussion specification you are writing that you want to create user account.

In next reply you are writing about Creo installation (and also that somebody gave you server address and a port number).

Please provide an exact description of what you need.

Martin Hanák

Hello,

You need to type: {serverName}@portNo in the license summary field. It will look like this: ServerEM@7788

This will only work if you are in the University network or connected using VPN.

Thanks,

Alex

Thank you, this was the solution. When i wrote down the licence server address it showed that it was available. After setting it up and then reconfiguring it, i still can not seem to run Creo Parametric. Any idea why Paramtric would not run, even with administrator authorisation.

Hello,

Can you please send me a screenshot with the error shown? Please expand the window so I can read all the content of the message.

I suspect that you had an older license and the files didn't change to match the new license, but first let's make sure that is the issue!

Thanks,

Alex

Top Tags