cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Detailed Design process

jkim-10-11
1-Newbie

Detailed Design process

I was checking the Process Statement worksheet and I've noticed the steps in detailed design process(3)

such as "check that the wing satisfies the structural criteria at the maximum weight" and "check that aircraft is stable and has sufficient performance."

Is there an aerodynamic program for such steps or is there certain factors we have to calculate?

In that case, how do we actually find out if our models (fuselage/wings/etc) integrate together to actually fly?

And also, I've noticed documents such as FAA Technical Readiness Criteria / FAA Rules, and

also tools like Aerodynamic characterization Mathcad sheet. But I couldn't find it anywhere. Any help?

2 REPLIES 2

Jun,

I need some clarification here. Where did you find the process statement worksheet?

Don't worry about flight stability for this design effort beyond the static condition that is checked in the MATHCAD document. There we are concerned with the flight condition (i.e., angle of attack)

Brian Sanders

The process statement is located in RWDC Challenge resources.

What we are concerned about is that we designed our model not using the mathcad worksheet.

We created our model soley for the best performance for the mission.

Is it okay to use our model to find the factors listed in mathcad worksheet, or would it be preferred

if we use the worksheet step by step?

And also, what excactly do we have to calculate/find in aerodynamical model?

Top Tags