cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Dimension holes that are on a slant.

DavidNiemierows
1-Newbie

Dimension holes that are on a slant.

I have students create a part where there is a hole created on a work plane that is 30 degrees off the RIGHT work plane. No problems making them, but when in a DRAWING for the part I can not get a regular dimension for the holes. See attached PDF for example. Other then modifying the dimension for the "ellipse" is there a way to tell Creo that it should display the circle diameter? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

If your hole is not displayed normal to the paper, that is the dimension you will get. You could add an Auxilary view where the surface the hole is placed on, is oriented parallel to the paper.

I noticed that your drawing is not created using one of our drawing templates. You may want to configure Creo to use the Academic program standards as amoung other usability improvements, you will also be able to use our drawing templates. You will find the configuration instructions here.

temp.png

Top Tags