cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Download Problems

AdamHaas
1-Newbie

Download Problems

All,

First, let me apologize to everyone who has been struggling to download the Schools Edition DVD. We are obviously having problems with our web server. I am hopeful that it will be corrected soon.

Until then, the WF5_Schools(4Gbs).zip file can be download from the following FTP location:

Using Firefox: ftp://ftp.ptc.com/outgoing/WF5_Schools(4Gbs).zip

Using Internet Explorer: ftp://ftp.ptc.com/users/anonymous/outgoing/WF5_Schools(4Gbs).zip

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Adam

Note: You might want to use a download manager when downloading files this large. I have had good success using freedownloadmanager.org, it allows me to stop and restart the download as required.

7 REPLIES 7

The problems on our download server have been fixed. The FTP links will be removed later today so please do not start downloading from those sites.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,

Adam

I still cant download anything. I´m trying to install the 64bit wildfire 5 and the 2-300Mb download works fine. Afterwards your downloader/installer doesn´t do anything (0% network). It's just hanging around at 2%.... Can I also install the DVD Download on 64 Bit Windows?

Martin,

Some people have had good success with the web-install you are trying, others have struggled with the same problems you are seeing.

If the web-install will not work for you, I would suggest that you download the DVD per the first post in this thread.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Adam

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:AdamHaas)

Another link for the training edition in PresionLMS would be nice because that appears to have the same problem. It appears to download but hangs at 1%. It stayed that way 30 min after starting installation. Didn't know where to post this but figured you could at least pass it on to those responsible.

AdamHaas
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

All,

An Explanation:

The "hanging at 2%" you are seeing when using the "web install" is because during installation, additional files are being downloaded from the server. One of the first files downloaded is a "*.cab" file which is over 500MB in size. When you see the install stuck at 2% it is actually still working on downloading that large file.

Long Term Solution:

We are definitely aware of the problem and working to make things smoother with the next build code.

Short Term Solution:

I have used the web-install to load 10 computers in a university classroom and it took only 30 minutes to install all 10 computers. I have also let it run all night and the install never completed. Much of the success and failure seem to be due to connection speed and virus protection/firewall settings, however, I have not been able to pinpoint a single solution.

I would suggest that you try the web-install, let it run as long as you can to see if it works. If the web-install does not work, use a download manager to download the 3.7GB DVD and install using that.

I hope this helps answer more of your questions on this. Believe me, the education team wants this to be fixed as badly as you do.

Note: The advantage of the download manager is it enables you to stop and start the download. This way you can stop it when you are using your computer, restart it when you are not using it, even restart it if you lose connection.

Thanks,

Adam

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:AdamHaas)

I would have thought so too except I see no internet activity what so ever. After 30 minutes I would expect to see some internet activity. The 200 MB istaller took less than 3 minutes to download with highspeed internet. One thing I did notice is the ptcsh0 and ptcsh1 directories (these were present in other SE and TE editions I have installed) were not present. I'm not sure download the Schools Edition is what I would use, I'm talking about the Training Edition you see in PresionLMS that you can download from an eLearning course. Wildfire versions 2, 3, and 4 have CD downloads but version 5 does not.

Thanks a lot.

It drove me crazy last night.

I thought there is a problem with my rig, and I have to reinstall windows.

Well I hope I can make a model of my battery cooling system for formula student later

Top Tags