cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Drawing formats not visible in CREO2

RoyHandley
3-Visitor

Drawing formats not visible in CREO2

We are trying to set up CREO2 on a RM Connect 4 network.

I have created a number of Drawing formats that include borders, title block and School badge and they have been placed in C:\program files\ptc\creo2.0\common files\MO30\creo_standards\formats.

When I try to create a new drawing from a part and select 'Empty with Format' the formats do not appear.

Can anyone explain what is happening here?

I have used the same formats in the same location on my own stand-alone computer with no problem.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Roy,

Are you using one of the Academic configuration files? If you are, it will look for formats in ".....\creo_standards\formats". If you are not, it will look for formats inside of "...M030\formats".

The config.pro option to define this is "pro_format_dir".

If all is in order and you still can't see them, is it possible they are hidden or you don't have read access?

Hope this helps.

Adam

Hi Adam

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'Academic Configuration Files'. Could you explain further?

Thanks

Roy

If you use the batch file name "configure.bat" from the creo_standards folder. There is a PDF in the creo_standards folder which will explain how it works.

If you have not used configure.bat, then your formats should be placed in M030\formats.

Thanks for the explanation. I am sure that our IT technicians have configured as you say because the standard templates are showing BS8888 in bottom right hand corner.

I need time to check with them so will come back to you when I can.

Roy

Unless you replace them then, you will see our standard formats when you click "Empty with Format' and then click Browse. If you don't, use Browse to try and find them.

Adam

I didn't say previously but I can't see your standard formats either although I can see your standard templates if I go to 'Use Template'

Roy

When you use one of the standard templates, do you get a format on the drawing?

The formats are either hidden or don't exist, the only two options really.

Yes Adam

When a standard template is used, the drawing has borders, title box etc. So we will need to check if the formats are hidden in some way.

Roy

Top Tags