Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDU_Convert

EDU_Convert

I've read on PTC.com that there is a floating module that will convert education license parts and assemblies into regular ProE files. Does anyone know where/how to get this option?
8 REPLIES 8

EDU_Convert

Hi Greg, The EDU_Convert option is only available as part of the Pro/ENGINEER University Plus Edition. Neither commercial customers nor secondary schools have access to this option. Our decision for providing it as part of the University Edition is mainly due to these schools working specifically with industry. This option is not available as a standalone floating option. Are you with a school or university? Thanks, Mark Fischer Director, PTC Education Program

RE: EDU_Convert

Is there a way to get the EDU_COM_Convert option though? Whenever I open Pro/E on our university computers, it comes up with a window saying "Features not obtained: EDU_COM_Convert". I purchased the student edition solely so I could do the drawings in my free time without having to come into this lab, and it's a major inconvenience to not be able to upload the drawings from my laptop to the university computers and work on them a little more.

Student to University file compatibility

Marshall, Models you create with the Student license will open in the University version without any conversion. Files will also transfer the other way without converson. Edu_Com is typically only needed when University departments are carrying out research with a company in order to transfer files between University and Commercial versions of the software. Thanks Tim

RE: Student to University file compatibility

Well, apparently my school must have commerical research going on or something, because the student version files don't open on the school computers, and the school files don't open on my student version.

Hi Marshal, What build of Pro/ENGINEER do you have installed at your school? I need to know the release and the specific build. Your school needs to be on M030 or greater to allow the student files to open and vice versa. Mark

It looks like we're on M010

Hi Marshall, Can you have the school update to the latest build? Thanks, Mark

Haha, I doubt it, but I'll let the head of my department know when I get the chance.
Announcements
Welcome to PTC Academic!