cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

EPM link

wrunck-2
1-Newbie

EPM link

Trying to delect a part and gettina an error that

CAD Part - 24_tooth_cluster_gear.prt, A.1 could not be deleted/purged. There are objects associated to it through EPMBuildHistory link.

Not sure where these assoications came from, what they are or why they're only on one part, but I'd like to get rid of them so I can delete the part and reuse the name.

Thanks,

Walter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

I moved the CAD model into the root folder of your project so it is co-located with the Windchill Part. I did not remove either. I'm sure if you collected the Windchill Parts as part of the removal process or just checkmark both, you should be okay.

For FIRST, I would strongly recommend againast creating Windchill Parts to go with your CAD models. It is just going to add a layer of confusion you won't want to deal with since PDM is not available.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:wrunck-2)

Walter, you project is filled with Windchill Parts, the Gear icon. Are you doing something special to create them? The default configuration of Windchill has them turned off. I'm assuming the CAD Part you are trying to delete is associated with one or more Windchill Parts.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

I moved the CAD model into the root folder of your project so it is co-located with the Windchill Part. I did not remove either. I'm sure if you collected the Windchill Parts as part of the removal process or just checkmark both, you should be okay.

For FIRST, I would strongly recommend againast creating Windchill Parts to go with your CAD models. It is just going to add a layer of confusion you won't want to deal with since PDM is not available.

Yes, we're trying to use WTParts as part of the top-down design effort on the bot. The one in question was created on checkin of CAD objects, but there are also WTParts that were created directly in the workspace.

If a ProjectLink-only install isn't a good place to associate WTParts and CAD objects, I can live without that. What about just having them the (WTParts) in a free-standing product structure? We're using the top-down approach for design team assignments, scheduling and weight allocations and the relationship explorer is a good tool for helping them visualize the systems engineering process.
Top Tags