cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Erase or Move objects in windchill

robwood
1-Newbie

Erase or Move objects in windchill

One of our team member has checked in his parts in the wrong folder. How can I move or erase this parts.

The parts have references to other .asm and .prt.

I can't erase because I always get error messages that the part is used in an old version of a assambly. (Like A3 is the current and the errormessage is with the version A.1)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:robwood)

Erase is not an option in Windchill. This is a Creo function to remove any models or drawings from the active Creo session.

If you are trying to move the files around in your project, just use the Cut/Paste method described in the discussion titled "Move Command".

If you have a CAD file you don't want anymore, but Windchill will not let you remove it becuase it is related to a previous iteration of a design you created, I would suggest creating a folder named Recycle Bin and put it at the root level of your project. If you have things you want to get rid of, just put them in the Recyle Bin folder.

There is a more sophisticated means of purging the older iterations to remove the dependancy, but I cannot give you clcear guidance on that one without knowing the exact scenario. I don't want you to lose any data experimenting with this one becuase there is no Undo and there is no restore from backup on this system. If you purge or remove files, they are gone forever.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:robwood)

Erase is not an option in Windchill. This is a Creo function to remove any models or drawings from the active Creo session.

If you are trying to move the files around in your project, just use the Cut/Paste method described in the discussion titled "Move Command".

If you have a CAD file you don't want anymore, but Windchill will not let you remove it becuase it is related to a previous iteration of a design you created, I would suggest creating a folder named Recycle Bin and put it at the root level of your project. If you have things you want to get rid of, just put them in the Recyle Bin folder.

There is a more sophisticated means of purging the older iterations to remove the dependancy, but I cannot give you clcear guidance on that one without knowing the exact scenario. I don't want you to lose any data experimenting with this one becuase there is no Undo and there is no restore from backup on this system. If you purge or remove files, they are gone forever.

Top Tags