cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Error after Creo 7 Student Installation

AD_9619014
4-Participant

Error after Creo 7 Student Installation

I downloaded Creo 7 Student. When I open the program for the first time it pops up with a "Warning Message List" that says "License request failed for feature." I'll press OK, and then another message that says "AFX failed to load." I'll press OK, and then another message pops up that says "IFX failed to load." I'll press OK after that and it will close out the program.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, 

The license is still on the computer if you clicked the minus in front of the license in the license summary area. Even if you have deleted it from the computer you still have it on your email.

Run setup.exe and drag the license file from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing under the license summary.

In case you no longer see the license in the ProgramData (folder is hidden), save the license you got on your email from PTC and drag that one.

Thanks,

Alex

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Hello,

I downloaded Creo 7 Student. When I open the program for the first time it pops up with a "Warning Message List" that says "License request failed for feature." I'll press OK, and then another message that says "AFX failed to load." I'll press OK, and then another message pops up that says "IFX failed to load." I'll press OK after that and it will close out the program.

Someone can help please ?

Thank you in advance !

Hello,

It seems that the license didn't manage to install. Please try to change the permissions to the PTC folder in Program Files to full permissions for your user, run setup.exe in administrator mode and choose reconfigure existing software.

If the license, containing in its name 

BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI

is shown under license summary continue, without inserting the code in the simple license area, if the license is not shown or it doesn't have the code in it, please insert the code in the simple license area and continue the licensing.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

I have tried to no avail with the License Identification Process. Attached is a photo of what that screen looks like. It appears that the license has already gone through. I ran as administrator and did the whole setup.exe process again. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Grant 

@Alex_Cazacu ,

I have had the same issue as the person under this thread:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Academic-Program-Discussions/How-to-Apply-for-Academic-Licence/m-p/686176#M11535

When I hover over the "Error!" message it says that "You have reached the maximum number of license requests available for your product type." I think it is because I misread the instructions and installed it wrong the first time. Is there any way to remedy this situation? I'm just trying to download to work on my engineering class projects.

Thank you!

Hello,

The license is already there and available. It appears as available in the screenshot. 

You have the license, so stop trying to put the product code in. You should simply click next and finish the installation. 

The only reason for Creo not to run after the installation is complete is if there are not sufficient permissions on the PTC folder, to allow the setup to populate the files from there with the license information, OR if there are multiple licenses (but if there were, they would be shown under license summary).

So my advise is to try to set full permissions on the PTC folder from Program Files and run setup again, just clicking next, no product code needed.

Thanks,

Alex

@Alex_Cazacu ,

I am sorry about being this difficult. 

In my haste to try everything that I could, I ended up deleted the available license from the License Summary to try and put it in again. I had not learned that you could hover over the "Error" and it would show you the message yet. 

So, now I've really done it. I can't use the code any more because I've used it too many times, and I don't have the it in my License Summary anymore.

What should I do now? I would be very appreciative of any help.

Hello, 

The license is still on the computer if you clicked the minus in front of the license in the license summary area. Even if you have deleted it from the computer you still have it on your email.

Run setup.exe and drag the license file from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing under the license summary.

In case you no longer see the license in the ProgramData (folder is hidden), save the license you got on your email from PTC and drag that one.

Thanks,

Alex

@Alex_Cazacu  Thank you so much!

Tellgren
4-Participant
(To:Alex_Cazacu)

Hello @Alex_Cazacu !

I have the exact same issue when trying to open Creo Parametric. Same error warnings then shutting down.

I have made sure the permissions are correct on the PTC Folder (Admin), and I have started the setup as a administrator (not new installation but "update"). The license key is available in Programdata and is found during setup in license summary, but still same errors and shutdown. Going crazy here.... 🙂

BR

Mattias

Sweden

Hello,

As most of the users with this issue, you probably have the wrong license (for another edition).

Please post a picture of the error (extend please the window so I can read the text).

Thanks,

Alex

Tellgren
4-Participant

Thank you for quick reply. I decided to change to a newer laptop, to get some better performance. Unfortunately the error still remains though:

LT_9635956_0-1600459518771.png

second one:

LT_9635956_1-1600459552176.png

third one:

LT_9635956_2-1600459576842.png

Then shutting down.

Hello,

The license you have is for Creo 6.0. Please run the installer (setup.exe) and choose reconfigure existing software.

In the licensing window, please click the minus in front of the license with BE600... or any other shown under License Summary and insert in the simple licensing the code: 

BE700908EDSTUDENTEDK12

Thanks,

Alex

Tellgren
4-Participant

Crap, I saw the text. Ok, new try:

Seem to be ok. I had to remove 2 B600......

Tellgren_0-1600460454219.png

Installation worked, but with performance warnings as I see it:

Tellgren_1-1600460532949.png

I removed B600... from ProgramData so only B700.... is available. New start:

Tellgren_2-1600460789241.png

It still looks for B6000?

Tellgren
4-Participant
(To:Tellgren)

Sorry, didn't run reconfigure. Doing it now......

Update: It works! Thank you! 🙂

Lorenzo
4-Participant

I have similar issues for Creo 7.0.0.0 installation. Maybe there is some wrong license because i first got a license for 7.0.1.0 (but I'm not sure).

Hese is what I see before everything shuts down: 

Immagine 2020-10-28 164336.jpg

Lorenzo Sparacio

I hope @Alex_Cazacu can comment the question.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags